• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

saw an odd car yesterday...

KFunk

As we were sitting at a gas station on our motorcycles in little ole McConnelsville, OH; deep in the middle of nowhere, just a couple miles past BFE; a red Lotus Europa went cruising past.

Kind of surprise... I've never seen one in person. Despite our horrible lack of an economy or jobs here in Appalachia, occasionally we get some high-perf exotic cars down here because we have some amazing twisty roads, but a Europa was a surprising sight. I saw it turn up a side street, so it might not have just been passing thru.

By the way, we were on an awesome ride ourselves. There were 4 of us on bikes (me on the lil xs400, a '79 KZ650, a cop on a 800cc Vulcan, and a R1100), and we hauled ass with no traffic on twisties like you wouldn't believe. We took SR78 from Glouster to McConnelsville, visited the Big Muskie bucket that raped Ohio, then came back 78 and then got on the legendary/sketchy 555 thru Chesterhill amish country, then 377 to 550 to 690 back to Athens. Ohhh, you guys would be amazed by these roads... If ya think we went on some decent curvy roads around Salt Fork at the g2g, then imagine at least twice as twisty or more. I'm talking banking back and forth swooping up and down and all around thru the hills.

EDIT: here was our route: http://tinyurl.com/olq8d2

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...