• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the best prices on 2002 parts?

i'm new to the 2002 community, can anyone steer me in the right direction? I need to find a place to buy new rubber for the doors and windows. I also want to rebuild my carb, I found a kit on ebay for about $60, but I'm not sure if it's good or bad deal? I'd appreciate links to online stores with good prices and service. thanks.

1984 Pininfarina Spider Azzura (Fiat 124): sold

1992 300ZX Twin Turbo: sunny days

2001 Toyota 4runner: sold

1974 BMW 2002 automatic: daily

1991 BMW 325iC: sold

1986 BMW 528e: daily

yeah, i was going through the

'links' section and there's a bunch of crap in there that need to be cleaned out as well as seemingly defunct sites that don't really have anything for sale. the moderators have got to clean up the links

1984 Pininfarina Spider Azzura (Fiat 124): sold

1992 300ZX Twin Turbo: sunny days

2001 Toyota 4runner: sold

1974 BMW 2002 automatic: daily

1991 BMW 325iC: sold

1986 BMW 528e: daily

Have you tried your local BMW dealer parts counter? Some of them are pretty good, some don't know what model your 2002 BMW is even after you explain it to them. Some also offer BMWCCA member discounts.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

Seriously man, just go down to Hawaii Import Parts on Ilaniwai Street. They've got most everything OEM in stock or can get it at reasonable prices.

I like Blunt and Autohausaz.com for most stuff, but since you've got HIP right there, I'd much rather go there. Ask for Ed and tell 'em K-Funk sent ya, just for funzies.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Have you tried your local BMW dealer parts counter? Some of them are pretty good, some don't know what model your 2002 BMW is even after you explain it to them. Some also offer BMWCCA member discounts.

His only option is BMW of Honolulu. They can get you new roundels and a few other tidbits if you guide them thru their computer yourself, but are generally worthless and don't know what a 2002 is, and prices can be pretty bad..

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

His only option is BMW of Honolulu. They can get you new roundels and a few other tidbits if you guide them thru their computer yourself, but are generally worthless and don't know what a 2002 is, and prices can be pretty bad..

That's too bad. The dealer here in Santa Rosa is often pretty good, if you get John who's been around a long time, but everybody there seems to know what a real 2002 is... Their paper bureaucracy is so bad, however, that a couple times they've given me the odd $2 part rather than charge me for it. What a bummer... ;-)

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

Blunt is boss!

AutohausAZ is next (but still great).

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)