• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear seat delete, dimensions?

I have been slowly working on getting a rear seat delete set up done, and finding a rear seat as well. So I had a mock up done in cardboard of how I wanted the rear delete to go, I left it outside yesterday not thinking, and it basically melted in the passing thunderstorm.... Of course I didnt take any measurements before I left it out. So I was wondering if anyone had the dimensions for the rear cutouts needed to make the set-up. This has been one of those long great months and its not even half over.....

Thanks in advance!

Modern cars... They all look like electric shavers.

where in CT are you? I have my rear seat delete all cut out and ready to final install. I raised the base and kicked the back forward a few inches for a future speaker install. I plan on two hacthes on the base using marine hindges and latches.

Jim Leadem

Madison, CT.

'72 2002 tii

'75 2002

'07 330ix

'69 Alfa Romeo Spider

'78 BMW R80/7

i'll try to get some pictures and dimensions for you this weekend. Or, if you are on the shoreline feel free to stop by

send me an email.

Jim Leadem

Madison, CT.

'72 2002 tii

'75 2002

'07 330ix

'69 Alfa Romeo Spider

'78 BMW R80/7

i'll try to get some pictures and dimensions for you this weekend. Or, if you are on the shoreline feel free to stop by

send me an email.

Jim, Can you post pics and dimensions here on the FAQ as well?

Thanks,

Mike

74 2002

I've got these boards cut and ready to put in, but still might have to make a final cut or two for positioning. Not sure if I am going to have the top board "sit" on the bottom board or vice-versa. If you want the measurements on these, let me know.

post-1307-13667608894553_thumb.jpg

post-1307-13667608896527_thumb.jpg

Here are some ideas. Top shelf is hinged with a piano hinge that allows access to battery, and amp.

The wife sewed seams in some cheap vinyl to match the seam lines in the original panels. I took a piece of masonite and cut it to fit the side panels, covered them with the vinyl. I used these flat panels rather than the stock side panels so the shelf would hing properly without ingerference from that little armrest on the stock side panels. Not professional but it works.

Rearseatdelelte8.jpg

Stereo5.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

Carpetinsun5-1.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Tony-

If you dont mind posting or email me the dimensions, I (and Im sure alot of others) would really appreciate it! The angles you have worked where really an issue I was trying to sort out when the monsoon passed.... Oh sweet New England

Bill-

I like the top angle I was wondering how more of an angle over the whell wells would look. Your set up is different, is the metal framing welded?

Modern cars... They all look like electric shavers.

It is a bit different. I did it this way to accommodate the battery that is under the seat, my amp coaxial speakers and subs plus the higher shelf made maps and things more accessible.

Yes the flat steel is welded to the square tubing. The flat steel just rest on the parcel shelf - may have put some double face tape on it.

I cut a notch in that support around the wheel wells to let the square tubing rest in. Then bolted that somehow.

RearseatdelelteEvanweldingframe3.jpg

RearseatdelelteEvanweldingframe4.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Here's the dimensions from my boards.

Please remember these still need some small adjustment cuts to fit exactly the way I want them to.

Still not sure how to deal with the two "hooks" that used to hold on the back portion of the set. Whether to cut holes in the back board, or just grind the hooks off.

Your mileage may vary. I suggest you use these dimensions for a template and go from there.

I think not all cars are created equal.

Hope this helps.

SEAT DELETE DIMENSIONS.cwk (DR).pdf

You're welcome, but just use it as a guide.

You should cut your template just a little bigger all around, and make adjustments from there.

I think each car might be a little different, as this fits well in my car one way , but not so well if panels are reversed.

So be sure to mark top on your panels.

Good luck, hope to have mine finished today.