• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Strut Brace (Still Looking)

ought2

Looking for a front strut brace. Please respond with picture and price. Thanks.

FWIW...I bought an inexpensive e36 brace.

I made it work (I think I had to drill one hole in it)and it makes a big difference.

I put the lower spacer on top to hide it and lowered the car 1" at the same time.

Like I said, it's inexpensive, so for those on a tight budget..it is an option.

bagindstutbar.jpg

STRUTBAR3.jpg

100_0011.jpg

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Thanks for the tip. Was the hole necessary because of a difference in the length of the bar? My car already had the spacers removed when I bought it, so does the alteration need to be covered to look good? Are new ones less expensive or are they more readily available used? Thanks again.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Thanks for the tip. Was the hole necessary because of a difference in the length of the bar? My car already had the spacers removed when I bought it, so does the alteration need to be covered to look good? Are new ones less expensive or are they more readily available used? Thanks again.

Hole was nesseccary as the ONE of the e36 bars' holes didn't line up.

Spacer was to hide it to look good, strength and the bolts that come up from the bottom look so long. Didn't look right with the bolts protruding out so far.

I don't remember where I bought mine, but NEW was the way to go, as I recall it was very inexpensive.

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Looking for a front strut brace. Please respond with picture and price. Thanks.

FWIW...I bought an inexpensive e36 brace.

I made it work (I think I had to drill one hole in it)and it makes a big difference.

I put the lower spacer on top to hide it and lowered the car 1" at the same time.

Like I said, it's inexpensive, so for those on a tight budget..it is an option.

bagindstutbar.jpg

STRUTBAR3.jpg

100_0011.jpg

FYI: I bought this same strut bar (front and rear) off of ebay for like $50 total for my 2005 325ci. You can adjust the length of the bar (actually, you can adjust the screws come out of the bar)...I am now going to take if off my '05 and put it on the 2002tii and then buy a good one for my '05.....

Robb Lamaker