• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! What a ride

lamaker

For over a year now, I have been looking for a 2002. I finally bought one on Sunday. A 1973 2002ti, white exterior with blue interior. Once purchased, I drove it 2 hours home and what a ride! Now I know what you all have been talking about.

A bit about the car: It is actually set up to race with upgraded suspension, engine performance, clutch, transmission and race seats (no back seat). The car is 99% rust free and runs like a champ. I do not plan on racing it so what I want to do is bring the apperance back to stock, but leave the performance the same. The bodywork is great but there are dents here and there so eventually I will be fixing those and then repaint the whole car.

After handing over the money, the previous owner told me he had some parts in a box for me. "Some parts?"...a ton of brand new stuff from belts to bushings to oil filters, etc. He gave me some performance stuff that he did not have a chance to install and I do not think I will install them so I will post them up for sell.

Thanks everyone!

post-15712-13667608988744_thumb.jpg

Robb Lamaker

Hey is that the one that was for sale down in Charleston? Nice by the way i was drooling over it for a week now.

Yup, that's the one...actually, Mt. Pleasant...the family I bought it from are car fanatics...their collection was amazing and they work on their own cars so I felt great about buying the car from them...I live by Hilton Head so it was a fun ride home...no A/C so all windows down!

Robb Lamaker

Nice car. Is it a ti like you posted or a tii?

It is a ti....

technically speaking, the last ti's rolled off the factory assembly lines in 1971 and are 6 fuse cars without lower trim molding.

if your's is a 1973 vintage then it appears to be a very nice dual carbed car in the 'spirit' of the original ti's.

ti VIN numbers start with 168XXXX, 169XXXX if i remember correctly.

what's yours?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Nice car. Is it a ti like you posted or a tii?

It is a ti....

cool, post some pics under the hood. ti's are rare, especially in the US

Really? I thought Tii's are rare...my car's VIN # is 2533363...would love to learn more about its' history...how would I go about doing that (I already checked the registry).

Robb Lamaker

vin # 2533363 = opps!! not a 2002 ti

now the plot thickens

how was this car presented ?

was a premium paid because of aledged ti status ?

a 2002 ti would have 2-sidedraft Solex Carbs,

a special matching air cleaner assembly...

a ti should look like this under the hood :

2002tiphotoandspecs.jpg

2002tiaircleaner.jpg

16002002Tiintakemancarbs.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

A true ti would also have:

euro dash (silver strip)

lowered battery tray

boxed trailing arms

Limited slip

dog-leg 5-sp (optional)

sunroof (optional)

ti brakes (same as used on tii)

no front clip snorkel hole

that being said, it sounds like you got a really nice car with lots of extras thrown in. regardless of what it is called, i hope you enjoy driving it, tinkering with it and attend some 02 events!

Jon

vin # 2533363 = opps!! not a 2002 ti

now the plot thickens

how was this car presented ?

was a premium paid because of aledged ti status ?

a 2002 ti would have 2-sidedraft Solex Carbs,

a special matching air cleaner assembly...

a ti should look like this under the hood :

2002tiphotoandspecs.jpg

2002tiaircleaner.jpg

16002002Tiintakemancarbs.jpg

hmmm...interesting stuff...here is what I know...the car was built in December 1972. The transmission in the car is NOW are 5 speed for an '82 3 series since the PO wanted to turn it into a race car but never got that far...however, the badge on the car does say 2002ti but I know that can easily be put on. The VIN# inside the car, on the engine and on the chassis all match up. From the sounds of it, does not appear to be a true 2002ti.

And no, I did not pay a premium for the car since I thought it was a ti. In fact, I got the car for a steal...thousands below what some believe it is worth.

Is also has duel carbs (upgraded K & N racing) however I have the original carb. I will check that part # and let you all know.

I LOVE THIS FORUM. You guys rock!

Robb Lamaker