• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I find 13" tires other than Sumitomo, Falken,

JLA

ouch...your options are really limited with those wheels. you could go to the 175/70 in the htr200. i bet it handles better than what you have now even though it is just a tad narrower.

or you could really step up the handling of your car with some 14 or 15 inch wheels. e30 basketweaves or bottlecaps are plentiful and with 195/60 perf tires your car will be transformed. better (more period correct for the car) might be some 13x6 panasport/minilight/superlight wheels with 205/60 tires.....mmmmm good!

kinda stinks that the 185/70 size isn't supported in a perf tire anymore. that used to be the hot tire size back in the day....

2xM3

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to shod the alloys with Vredesteins in 185 70 13 - once they're on the car and I've put them through their paces I'll report back. I hope they perform well - everyone in Europe seems to love them - here's hoping they perform well in NorCal!

99 M3 Titanium

72 tii Polaris

• 2 months later...

Tires Unlimited has Vredestein Quatrac 2 in 185 70 13 and I'm trying them out - I like them so far - I'll post some more detailed notes when i have a true sense of how they compare to the Falkens or the AVID t4s I've run in the past.

post-16534-13667622862318_thumb.jpg

99 M3 Titanium

72 tii Polaris

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

If anyone is still interested, I have the same problem finding 185/R-13 tires for my Sunbeam Tiger.

Tire Rack sells a Kumho PowerStar 758 in this size

Also check out tires-easy.com. They sell an Asian made tire called Achilles, that makes an H rated AA-A tire. I checked out Achilles on www.tiretest.com, and they seem to have been in use in Europe. Reviews are not bad for this brand. Tires-easy sells a bunch of other house brand Asian tires in this size, but only the Achilles is H rated (others are S or T).