• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro bucket / city light questions

kris

So I just got a set of Euro buckets set up for Hella H4's and I have a few questions for the Europhiles:

-City light bulb - anyone know what type/watt of bulb you use for the city light?

-City light wiring - my understanding is that the city light is the equivalent of the turn signal park light on North American cars. My car is wired with Italian turn signals (which don't light up) so I have an extra turn signal wire not in use. Do I extend that wire to the city lights?

TIA

70 M2 2.5L 

here is how I wired mine courtesy of Tom Jones. I opted for option 2

On US cars the parking light functions as the Euro city light. It's the same wire. Euro cars do not have a low watt bulb or element lit up in the turn signal assembly, only turnsignals. The early US flat turnsignal assemblies had a little 4w bulb in them but only light up with the parking lights on, not with the headlights on.

So, you have two choices. Go the full euro route and pull the wire from the turnsignal and connect it to the city light. Or connect some sort of wire tap to the parking light wire and connect to the city light and run both.

I just pulled my bulb and it says Osram 14W-12V. It has a single contact bayonet base. It's marked # 37 but I'm not certain if that is the actual part number. You might want to give these guys a call for more info.

HTH

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

you might want to consider using Xpel film to protect those precious lenses.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti