• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My BMW Pictures from PVGP

MikeinNC

Hopefully this link will work for everyone

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/mikeinnc/Mikes%20PVGP%2009/?albumview=slideshow

These are some of the BMW pictures I took this weekend Obviously I did not pay attention during Tom's photography class These will need lots of photoshoping But nonetheless here you go

Lets recap. Three tourings, two turbos, a Baur and cabriolet, a 2000CS, a 2800Cs and several 30Cs. A 1600 driven all the way from CA (Roger is another of those California Iron Men for sure) , a 502 pulling a 328 all the way from Baltimore (see Bill's photo below for proof), a 507, 3 CSL races getting passed by Perry :) and some great Pittsburgh weather Schenley Park is a wonderful place (just hard to get over to the paddock is my only complaint)

Chris and Randy all the way from Ark and Okie land (with more alternator problems no less (this is the year of the alternator for sure) were welcome additions to the group. Oh and a fantastic 02 gang cookout by Dave and Brenda Bentz was the perfect ending to Saturday's activites

A great trip through the mountains of VA and WV backroads made the trip up and back even more enjoyable

Eric and the guys at the Allegheny chapter of the BMWCCA are tremendous hosts and put on a great show Everyone in the NE should make this trip

Will be back next year if possible

Mike,

I made sure you heard from me.... you looked great doing touring laps!!!

Heck, I even got by one of the CSL's in the serpentine.. I started at the back of the pack... I'll explain later.

Bob

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

no fair Mike, you guys back East have all these places you can go to and have fun. Us, back in California, we are so isolated from the rest, we might as well be an island, or a foreign country! Great pictures!

FAQ Member # 91

Have great weather year round, roads like Quien Sabe (sp?), Mt Hamilton (I have been on that one), Pacific Coast Highway, Avenue of the Giants, Yosemite, Monterey event, Skyline Drive (hey, been on that one in a rental), Lombard St (done that in our mini van :) But we still like all of you guys

But what we really hate is that you have all the RUST FREE 02s out there :)

So Chris Leonard (Skip) and I are really looking forward to joining your caravan out for the Vintage next year in a rust free Neu Klasse Joe ONeal is looking hard for me :)

But Michael, you would have loved the drive to and from in the hills of WV for sure

All the best

But ran out of time I was very close to you as the crow flies but could not get down there as they had the trails through the woods closed this year. I really like seeing the cars up close

After driving around that course I can see where you light nimble guys could really get around

See you soon

Mike & Bill,

I really enjoy these shots that you guys put up! They give a real sense of what it was like to be at this great event.

One of the high spots was hearing our southern friends comment on the Flush Porta-Potties, a standard feature north of the Mason Dixon line.

Very nice work, somebody was watching their histogram! Thanks for the wonderful images.

It's also great to have this community as a vehicle to enjoy them.

Tom

my pics are still uploading and i haven't retouched them yet, but here is the link to the flickr set:

wow, what a great event. Allegheny bmw cca chapter did a great job with the marque tent. big thanks to eric and brett!

I'm glad we finally got to go up to the PVGP. we picked a great year. excellent weather, great folks and BMW as the premiere manufacturer. it was like V@V part 2!

thanks again to all who made it, and made it possible, and it was great to see everyone!

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)