• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McCarthy's in Dayton is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

randerson

It was like a bad dream, after having alternator problems in my 74TII on a 2000 mile plus trip to the Vintage in May, I thought that my problems

had been solved. After returning home from the Vintage the first order of business was to install a new rebuilt alternator. Wanting to have everything in order before the trip to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.

Stopping in Terre Haute, Indiana for gas on our way to Pittsburgh I noticed a strange noise coming for under the hood. Skip Leonard who was also on the trip listened under the hood and concluded that the noise was coming from the new alternator.

We Checked into a motel for the night and I found a post on the FAQ where someone had had alternator problems in Dayton a month ago and

the BMW dealer had gotten an alternator from Mike McCarthy's in Huber Heights, near Dayton.

I called Mike's business direct and got the best service anyone could ever

want. Mike's parts manager told me that they would have an alternator

ready for me at 12:30. We arrived at 12:00, Mike took the car into his shop, put it on the lift and removed the old alternator and was ready for the new one when the parts man came through the door at 12:25. They installed the alternator and had us back on the road in short time.

Mike and his employees are first class, they even set up chairs outside so that we could eat a hamburger while they installed the alternator.

If you are in or near Dayton and need service, please remember Mike

McCarthy's Foreign Car Service and Parts in Huber Heights. Plus the bonus, the price of his Bosch rebuilt was less than the ones on the internet.

This was first class service all the way, I can't say enough.

Randy Anderson

Bartlesville, OK.

figure out the problem or don't have the time to tinker myself. He also installed my rebuilt engine and five speed.

And Mike's a nice guy too--we shared a Dinan Mini Cooper in a cross country drive--Dayton to Pasadena via old Route 66--back in 2004. Had a great time.

He also owns a beautiful Malaga 74 2002, bought from the original owner, who was his first customer when he began professionally wrenching.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike McCarthy is the reason that my '02 has been so reliable. I am no mechanic, so I depend on him. He treats mine as if it were his own. He is a good friend as well. You are correct in recommending his repair & parts services. Thanks for giving credit where it's due!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz