• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lettuce 5 minutes fresh? Yes, time for me to brag

dubois

For the last 3 weeks this is what we been having. In addition tomatoes, green peppers, squash and other vegetables. Esty, I know you know what I am talking about. We are really newbies at this (first year). The benefit/expense ratio on growing you own vegetables is really high. My only question now, is why we waited so long. People grow flowers and grass (lawn), but why not eatables?

What did it take to grow all this (see pics)? A trip to Kmart, 75 cent a pack for seeds (I still have 75% left of the 10 packs), garden soil, 3 containers, and a drip system. Did I mention, nothing you buy in the supermarket taste this fresh? It actually tastes and crunches when you bit it!

I am so hooked that I want to start a very small greenhouse for the winter.

DSC_4154

DSC_4153

DSC_4152

FAQ Member # 91

Congrats, Michael!

We have also started our own small garden here at home. Mostly spices such as cilantrillo, oregano and such. We don't have much space, but I want to try tomatoes and maybe green peppers.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I always wanted to grow a coca bush, but I understand they are bad on the ecosystem.

;-p

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I won't!

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

I always wanted to grow a coca bush, but I understand they are bad on the ecosystem.

;-p

Ray

Don't tell me that's not your real last name!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.