• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my quick build

Guest Anonymous
Haha, very nice. Are those 205 tires?

Will look great with a drop! Just don't get the fuel tank too close to the ground...

They are 195/50-15s. Those were the cheapest tires I could get from my company.....$30 each and they seem to be just fine. They ride smooth, and they are quiet. I have yet to balance the tires, but I think they are close or within limits. I had the car up to 72mph and had no vibration.

$30 per tire???? Could you get me a set? I'm not too far from you and I could come and pick them up. Let me know?

We sold out of them- which is too bad because they are a very nice tire. Other than that the cheapest I have is $45 a piece. shoot me an email at gene@gearworksmfg.com

• 1 month later...

I have alot of questions. If I may ask,

Where and how much did you get the turbo flares for?

What kind of rims are those?

Plus post up some pics of it in white! Kind of interested.

Your not taking care of the rust? Your just going to cover it up with white?

Thanks

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Thanks

I purchased the flares from ebay. I think they were around $200 shipped to me. They are fiberglass and fit okay. 3 of the 4 fit great. Next time I would go with the polyurethane flares.

The rims are Sportmaxx 002 15x8 with a zero offset. They rub with the 195/50-15 tires but I will radius my wheel wells in the future.

I have yet to paint it or do the body work. The rust will just get sanded down and filler over that. I'll shoot it with some self etching primer then single stage it. One of the shock towers in the rear is rusted so I don't want to put too much money and time into it.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks

I purchased the flares from ebay. I think they were around $200 shipped to me. They are fiberglass and fit okay. 3 of the 4 fit great. Next time I would go with the polyurethane flares.

The rims are Sportmaxx 002 15x8 with a zero offset. They rub with the 195/50-15 tires but I will radius my wheel wells in the future.

I have yet to paint it or do the body work. The rust will just get sanded down and filler over that. I'll shoot it with some self etching primer then single stage it. One of the shock towers in the rear is rusted so I don't want to put too much money and time into it.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Wow thats a good deal for the flares. I really like those rims if I ever have enough money to get some rims Ill def get those pretty cheap but in black.

I been looking up tons of information on painting and im still lost. Single stage is what? Just one coat?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

G,

Good of you to rescue/resurrect this thing.

In 'quick' theme, you can do a manual/universal pull choke.

The fuel 'cell' looks zany hanging there!

BTW, Who is your copilot (last pic)?

Prost!,

__/ 0| \ _

'-O----O--' #73 (I'm looking for a couple of parts *here* / 4 Sale parts *here*).