• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear seat belt conversion

Indy02

Hello, all just got a call from the trim shop today. I was having my headliner installed. The trim shop owner informed me that he accidentally cut a hole in the new headliner at the "C" pillar where the seat belt bolt hole is. This was after I cut the top off of my donor car with the old headliner intact so that he would know exactly how to install it. I have seen a few examples of the work the shop produces and they are very good. So here I am wishing that I had done the job myself. Hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway, always trying to look on the bright side. I remember an article I had seen somewhere about installing three point seat belts in the rear seat so that I can use the hole he made. Has anyone seen this article? I really don't want to have them rip out the headliner for fear of damaging the fiberboard headliner retainer in the back. Since I don't have a spare fiberboard retainer. Help!! Thanks for any input. Pat

Hey Ben, Yes I was extremely disappointed when they called me today. Just goes to show the old saying if you want something done right, do it yourself even if takes you twice as long holds true!! Anyway, I really do want to get together when you have some time. Maybe I will get to see your car in person :) Call me when you can. Regards, Pat