• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lancia vs BMW

norm

I have loved these Lancia's for many years. In fact, I would take one over an M3 E30. Same vintage!!!!! Anybody have personal any experience. Yes, I know parts ain't cheap. It's a 4x4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELTA-INTEGRALE-MARTINI-2-0-16V-AWD-2RBO-33K-ORIG-MILES_W0QQitemZ290333689966QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item43993c886e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2148#ht_4424wt_1129

Thanks in advanced

Norm

I don't know... It looks and has the same specs as the new VW GTI, which was a blast when we test drove one a year ago (a used 07). You have to admire the advanced technology though... I have never owned an Italian car, even the name "Lancia" sounds very cool, Alfa, FIAT, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. When I think exotic, I think Italian, not the women though...

FAQ Member # 91

Incredibly tight space under the hood. Cooling system marginal in hot climates. An add-on turbo timer is a must. Ours has a very harsh ride - but it has two sets of aftermarket springs - harsh and brutal. (stock springs may be OK) Interior is nice but cramped - I can easily "sit behind myself" in my E30M3, but have to bend my head sideways about 45 degrees to sit in the rear of the Integrale. Front seat is Ok, though, but narrow. It's a cool car, but so out of the ordinary, ours gets zero attention when driven - we take it as one of our regular lunch rides every couple of weeks. Given the choice, for me at least, there is no choice - E30M3. (interestingly enough, IIRC the valve shims are the same for both cars, as is the compliced procedure and need for special tools to do the job! Only difference is, the Integrale is so damn tight under the hood it's a lot more work!)

David in Nashville

Lancia was mostly owned by Fiat by this point, right?

Parts may not be as rare... oh, what am I saying, it'd be nuts.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Ohh, delta integrale... Always loved those, great memories watching them zip by in Rally events in my youth... A friend of mine (in spain) owns one that came with Martini racing stripes from the factory...gorgeous car...

here's the rub though.... it's kinda "in between"... It's not old enough to have the charm of, say, a 2002, and cheap repair costs.... and it's not fast enough either by today's standard unless you modify it - surprised me too when I drove it as it was an icon of mine, but a modern GTI will kick its butt... And it's not exactly common in North America (didn't know they even were imported) so have fun importing parts from Europe... Tough call...

Still an awesome car...

--------------------------------------------------------------

73 inka 2002 w/ fuel injection & 5 speed, LSD