• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a rare one for outta staters

gipper

This car actually has some interesting history. If I remember correctly, the car was imported by an oregon person with contacts to BMW. Either it was a BMW dealer or someone connected. Anyways, the car came stock with leather seats and an electric sunroof. The interior, at least then, had the old-german-leather-seat smell. Very nice!

The original owner drove it until '05. It was always lowered and had an ansa exhaust tip on it. Always went down the road nicely. I missed out on buying the car. Then, I saw it for sale again shortly there after, parked on the streets of downtown Portland. I was a broke college student. I missed out again.

The car was maintained by Kevin Boyd of Boyd Motor Works for years. I first started drooling over the car then, when I was a shop grunt. I sat in the car several times daydreaming of owning it. This is a rare car. I'm surprised the current owner doesn't talk more about its history. Too bad I'm not able to buy it yet again.