• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michael Schumacher makes shock F1 return . . .

f1reverb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

"Michael Schumacher will make a shock return to Formula 1 to replace injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa.

The seven-time world champion, 40, retired at the end of 2006 but has agreed to drive at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.

Schumacher will stand in for Massa, who fractured his skull at the Hungarian GP, for as long as he is sidelined.

The German, who is a Ferrari advisor, said: "For team loyalty reasons I can't ignore this unfortunate situation."

he refused to drive the f60 and now is has to learn it in a single weekend. his true skills in an open wheel car will shine when he is competitive in spain

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

in the Ferrari 126C2 (the same car as pictured in my avatar) after only running Long Beach at the beginning of the season in a Williams. After Villeneuve was killed at Belgium and Pironi (avatar picture) was crippled in Germany, Tambay was their driver, but they brought in Mario to help them out, and as as I said, he got pole and finished third in the Italian GP, but at the final Las Vegas GP he dnf'd. These were the last appearances for Mario in Formula One. Mario was 42 at the time.

I don't really like Michael, but his skills are probably as sharp as ever, and even at a little less than before, he's probably still better than just about anyone on the grid. It wouldn't surprise me if he won, and just think of the size of the Monza crowd if he runs there, regardless of what he does in Valencia.

TB023-400ART.JPG

the monza crowd is going to be insane. I was there the year after he retired when kimi crashed hard into the wall in practice and they both sucked in the race. Maranello was a depressing town to stay in that night. If he wins at monza for ferrari's first win this season, maranello and monza are going to be one big party.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on