• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CA 1975 2002 auto

pureaudio

This is a 1975 2002 automatic up for sale here in Redding (northern) California. I'm helping my uncle sell it, he isn't on the forums at all so I didn't want him to miss out on a great resource. He takes very good care of it and is garaged at all times when not driven. This isn't a car he wants to sell but doesn't have a choice at the moment.

The color is Chamonix with 14" gold BBS wheels. This is the original paint as far as we know, it was purchased from a local BMW mechanic. It is essentially stock in all aspects. The motor is out of another 75 2002 that I personally totalled (was my wife's who was my girlfriend at the time...great way to impress the family, eh?). My father in law rebuilt the motor about a year before I totalled it which was 6 years ago. Obviously not to many miles put on it in that time so the engine runs very well. It would run much better without the slushbox but that's just my opinion.

He had the factory seats front/back redone professionally when he purchased it. They were done in black and look great. Door panels are still blue and in decent shape. The corners are flairing up a bit. Carpet is complete, a little faded but still nice and no tears. It has a newer Sony CD player with rear polk 6.5's in the deck.

Air conditioning is all there but when the replacement motor went in he left it unhooked in the engine bay, it worked before that though. It has a replacement engine because he broke some valves in the head on the original engine. Lets just say it wasn't the motors fault and it was one of those son of a...moments. Having a complete, running motor ready to go made it easier to not mess with a rebuild. At idle it will surge a little bit and seems like it is running a little rough. Most likely timing or a vacuum leak but he isn't able to mess around with it right now to figure it out. It is very minor though and runs awesome otherwise.

I'm pretty sure I am rambling at this point so I will let the pics do the talking here on out. I took the pictures today and couldn't find anything aside from very minor surface rust in spots like the spare tire well. If anyone wants more pictures or pictures of specific spots just let me know. This is a blue plate CA car and it looks very sharp. Runs very smooth and would make a fantastic daily driver or a good start for modding. My brother in law has 2 5 speeds in his garage down the street so if your looking to do a tranny swap right away, I'm sure you could strike a deal with him. The price is $3500. You can call me at 530-510-0594 or Gary at 530-941-4189. A couple pics attached to tempt people and a full photo shoot at the flickr link below.

-John

3778979214_84efc8299c.jpg

3778141835_fbfe78aaa6_b.jpg

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

Thanks, I think its a great looking car myself. I would love to buy it from him but I can't at this time. It is set at $3500 because that is what he needs. He isn't a haggler at all so it is what it is. Were a bit out of the way being in way nor cal but if anyone would like more pics or video I can make it happen.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002