• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AWESOME JENNA NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

robspeed

the prayer list at our church since the accident; looks like our prayers are being answered.

I'm looking forward to sharing your news with our pastors and congregation--they've come to know "Rob & Jenna Schlisler" every week on the prayer list and will be happy to hear the good news.

Hope y'all can come over to Dayton and participate in an '02 event one of these days.

Cheers and God bless

mike

Its "Shisler," but hopefully God has us cross-referenced in his books. ;) Also THANKS!! :D

Five years is a LONG time for your family's life to be on "hold". I'm truly glad you'll get to be together again (despite the hardships you'll endure). I don't really know you at all, despite the fact that we've been corresponding since the pre-FAQ "Roadfly" days (censorship - yuck!) but your dedication to your family has shown through your posts ever since this horrible tragedy occurred. Best wishes for all three of you!

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

That's truly wonderful news Rob.

All the very best to you and your family!

paul wegweiser

WOW Paul, i got the paypal email alert thingie on the road today. i hope my reply message made sense! ;)

Some VERY interesting things are happening on the Jenna-being-amazing front. We got to carbondale and her little apartment/group care place, and first of all i am amazed at how clean her room is. i ask her, did you do this, and she says, Yes! I confirm that the staff hadnt been in there cleaning and I am floored because normally I pick her up amidst chaos on friday and sunday after the staff has had a weekend to clean, the place is spiffy. This time, huge difference. I mean, the place was spotless.

Next, she looks at Cooper and says, Hey, "You've lost two more teeth!" (which he had)... I about fell on the floor. She freaking remembered how many teeth the kid had last time she saw him, which was two weeks ago! Then, we were leaving her place to go eat and she takes an inventory of her cigarette supply, noting that she only has two left. Now I have been experimenting with nicotine gum on road trips, various other times, when i present it as an alternative to smoking. anyway, we get to the restaurant, which is buffet-style chinese place, eat, have multiple runs to the buffets (we like small bits of lots of things), etc, kid is there, all kinds of activity, during which time i am feeding her these nicotine gums so she doesnt have to go smoke outside. At the very end of the meal, she says, "i need to go get cigarrettes, i only have two left."

Now, this is a girl who normally cant remember that she had anything to eat all day, when she has in fact had three full meals. she also doesnt remember having taken her medication three times per day. she often asks me, how come I dont take medication when I'm with you? i tell her, dude, i feed you a whole handfull of the stuff three times a day. she has no idea. anyway, that she remembered the teeth, and the cig inventory, to me, means something interesting is going on here. there have been a lot of good changes going on, and this stuff is just adding to the pile! the clean room, the fact that she doesnt resist taking a shower every day like she used to, this new memory stuff.... man I am EXCITED!

Jenna is the most amazing gift I could ever have been given and obviously this whole thing has happened in an extremely bittersweet fashion. for a long time we had extremely bitter, and now we are tasting a bit of sweet. Hopefully this trend will continue and things will just keep improving. In a way i feel fortunate as insane as that sounds. And is. She is just an amazing soul, and so is cooper. And here I am getting to watch.

:)