• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video of 3 2002's Driving In DC

Dutchie3719

Hey Codfish.... the setup for the red car is H&R springs and stock everything else... The wheels are Rota 15X7 with 205 50 15 dunlops and the flair is actually a patch panel from BMW because of rust. The red is actually brought back from really bad oxidation by Mcguires utimate compound. I hope this helps Happy Motoring !!!!

Dudley

71 BMW 2002 "Von Eiff" gone baby gone

73 BMW 2002 " Mingus "

04 BMW X5

75 Triumph Tr6

00 CLK 430 Conv

Honda Elite Scooter

Vespa Ciao

Saturday / Sunday Drive. Rerun of the above, your chance to get video of your car driving! Let me know if your in, event post is below...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,326953/

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank you...What red color (code I guess) is the car ?

What is a " patch panel from bmw"? and has it helped stopped the rubbing with such large wheels ? I ask because I will be wearing a set of Momos 15 x 7 et 25 (same tires as yours) with suspension technique springs. I dont know if its gonna rub, so I'm just trying to think ahead...

Thank you for your assistance...

edit: I watched the 1st video and saw the "patch" you spoke of, I thought it was a different kind of flare, but I guess you rolled the fender ?

Hey Codfish.... the setup for the red car is H&R springs and stock everything else... The wheels are Rota 15X7 with 205 50 15 dunlops and the flair is actually a patch panel from BMW because of rust. The red is actually brought back from really bad oxidation by Mcguires utimate compound. I hope this helps Happy Motoring !!!!

Dudley

Time is the ruler of all...

Dudley used to have a rotted out wheel well, he cut that out, and used a BMW replacement part. Its not a flare, its just a replacement bit.

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Cool... Thank you for your assistance

Do you know what red color (code I guess) is the car ? I want that color I love it.

Do you know if the fenders were "rolled" to compensate for the larger wheels ???

Peace and Thanx

Dudley used to have a rotted out wheel well, he cut that out, and used a BMW replacement part. Its not a flare, its just a replacement bit.

Time is the ruler of all...

It does not have the greatest volume, you really have to crank the volume to hear anything.

Codfish, to the best of my knowledge, Dudley has an original paint job, which when he bought the car was pink. He spent hours working it with *shameless plug* Meguiars Ultimate Compound, which really brought the red back, search back a bit, and you will find some before and after shots of his car. About the rolled fenders, once again I do not believe so, it may be possible that the PO did it for him, but it has not been rolled *check with Dudley, he is back in town today*

Let me know if anyone else is up for a weekend drive....

Best of luck, happy motoring.

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"