• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CA black plate 6v 67 1600 for sale

PSloan

Guys, as a result of numerous personality tests I've determined that I'm not a project finisher. It's not built into my brain. This car deserves a project finisher - not someone who's going to stare at it for years. I need a car that will benefit from small projects that aren't extremely time consuming. I'll consider trades for any running, driving 2002 or similar.

I'll copy the CL ad....

I'm moving and am considering selling my project car. She's a turf green 67 BMW 1600. This car is all orig. with the chrome dash and non headrest seats. The car came on 4 orig michelin XAS tires that were severely dry rotted in addition to an extra set of wheels which will be included. The car has ZERO structural rust and is still green in the wheel wells and on the floors. There is some surface rust on the hood and trunk from sitting outside for years. The car is an orig black plate car - having last been registered in 1981. As far as the title is concerned I'm the second owner. The car has 4500 miles on the odo - and I'd say it's 50/50 as to whether or not this is correct or if it's 104,500. Considering the minimal wear on the orig tires and brakes I'd say it's plausible. I currently have a 19k mile rebuilt 1600 longblock for the car as well as a new clutch, an unused 6v generator, and some other misc parts that will come with. I have driven the car several times and it is tight - but it will need new strut bearings and a MC. This is a very rare 1600 and they are getting harder and harder to find in unrestored, rust free condition. I have no problem with keeping this car but it will become increasingly difficult as time goes on. The car is a project car and will need some degree of restoration - especially on the interior.

Features:

Turf Green (Rare color)

Rare interior color (Specific to turf and caribe 1600s and early 2002s)

6v electrical system

Mechanical clutch

Long neck differential w/ 3 piece driveshaft

single circuit brakes with remote booster

verified rebuilt longblock with new gaskets, rebuilt carb, ect

Early 2 spoke steering wheel

Comes with:

New black carpet from Seams perfect in Canada

New headliner still in the box

Several sets of grills

Extra brake booster

Extra mechanical clutch linkage

Extra intake manifold, carb, air box

lots of small parts and gaskets

2 sets of steel wheels and one set of MSW mesh wheels

Black door panels - front and read

Black rear seat in excellent condition

Extra one piece dash in OK condition - throw it on while you source 3 piece dash parts

Miscellanious windshied gaskets

This car is a straight, dry CA black plate early 1600. There aren't many of them left in unmolested, unrestored condition - especially in rare color combos.

PHOTOS:

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj248/pasloan2/1600/

Please email me for photos or additional info. I can take specific photos if you'd like. Also, feel free to call me @ 832-766-8853. My email is patrick dot sloan2 at memorialhermann dot org.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• 2 weeks later...