• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So you think you can drive?

jgerock

I was on a job site in PA today with my contractors waiting for the delivery of (2) 12' diameter x 54' tall Stainless steel silos (to hold plastic pellets). My sales rep. and the customer assured me the truck drivers wouldn't have any problems getting the silos around the back of the plant. They neglected to inspect the front entrance which was kind of narrow and had brick "gates" on both sides. Luckily, we were able to have the trucks swing very wide on the opposite grassy area to bring the silos in.

These silos are made in Winchester, TN and each one weighs 15,900 lbs. empty. Tomorrow morning a 40 or 60 Ton crane will stand them up.

We've done some 72' long silos, but they aren't nearly as long as the bridge I-beams you see being pulled down the highway.

Silo # 1 on bridge over PA Turnpike.

Photobucket

Silo # 2 going around corner

Photobucket

Turning into plant entrance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Close fit, but no damage. The light fixture on the ground was already broken by a previous driver.

Photobucket

Both around back - notice the same overpass from my first picture.

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Big rig drivers are amazing. They get my well deserved respect for their vehicle control skills.

I remember one day riding up Mt Hamilton. I had to wait at the top for a while as there was a rig with a 40 foot trailer making it's way up to make a delivery at the observatory on top.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes