• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ooh, my head hurts

Arky2002

A week ago, I checked out a 1989 325i automatic convertible - told the owner that I had seen a lot of cars in similar condition (ratty interior and needs a top, etc.) and that it was a $1500 car. Two days later, she called me back and asked if I was still interested in it. I told her that I would have to drive it and check it out. When she told me that it had quit running, I informed her that she now had a $500 car and wished her luck in selling it. Next day, she called me back and said she would sell it to me for $500. Monday, I paid her for te car and had it towed to my house (as if I need another project!).

It spins over smoothly, but no fire or fuel. I'm guessing DME or DME relay from my limited experience with fuel injection and what I have found online.

I have ordered a Bentley manual for the car and am seeking help till it comes in. Any one have suggestions about getting it running?

Clyde Gates BMW CCA #19280

2009 Rav4 (wife's ride)

06 Toyota PU (Parts hauler)

89 325ic

75 2002 (parts)

74 2002 (Pigcheeks project)

73 2002 (auto to fi stick project)

70/75 2002 rolling

did that - rockers work, engine turns over smoothly. No fuel or fire to me indicates that the DME is involved. I will check sensors, relays, etc. this weekend.

My thanks to every one for their help!

Clyde

Clyde Gates BMW CCA #19280

2009 Rav4 (wife's ride)

06 Toyota PU (Parts hauler)

89 325ic

75 2002 (parts)

74 2002 (Pigcheeks project)

73 2002 (auto to fi stick project)

70/75 2002 rolling