• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On the Farm!!

robspeed

Well it had to happen one day and last Tuesday was as good as any. after a year of psychotic childish rantings of Jenna's mom, i finally lost my ability to bite my tounge any more, and suffice it to say Cooper and I are now bunking out in Terre Haute area with fellow FAQer Jaime Hayes. I am grateful for the inlaws help in me getting my career/life back together after the jenna caretakering but its just time to move on no matter how you look at it...

Jaime has a giant old farmhouse that he happens to have grown up in, and it sits on at least five to ten acres of land, which includes a soccer-field sized backyard which slopes down a hill to a great big horshoe-shaped pond nestled in the woods.

There is a GIGANTIC pole barn you could park 100 cars in, two 02s, two Gen2 GTIs, a Gen2 Jetta 16v identical to my old one (including the fact that it needs an engine swap), several other outbuildings, two cats (meow kind), a full shop, a thigh-high stack of GRM magazines, a trap thrower (for skeet shooting) and the giant old farmhouse itself on site. Only thing missing is internet access, which prevents me from FAQing which explains why COTM contest vote thread hung around longer than it should have... ;)

Life on the farm should be fun... (pics to follow)

Somehow things always have a way to reach equilibrium, probably this move is for the better too. Cooper is going to love spending time in a farm. I don't have a farm, but we have been exposed to a little bit of it. Nature has this innate therapeutic effect on people. Once you start learning stuff it becomes truly fascinating!

FAQ Member # 91