• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First car to buy if you hit the lottery??

jgerock

Just curious, since I rarely play and the economy has me off from work this week...

For me, it would be a two-way tie between:

'74 2002 Turbo

2002ti "Diana" Edition

Absolute first thing to buy would be a wooded lot with nice house and huge garage. Those ads in the back of Hemmings for "auto estates" make me dream of winning.

Yes, I'm a dreamer!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably a `55 Mercedes 300SL, and Paul Cain's 3.8CSI.

exterior0.jpg

EDIT: Add in a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO (if the winnings were enough), an early Jaguar XKE and an Aston Martin DB5.

Then I'd buy a new/possibly totalled Euro BMW 118d and strip the drivetrain out for transplant into my 02.

4_cylinder_diesel_engine.jpg+ z149418937.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Plenty of choices, car wise, but I tell you what I'd do FIRST !

I'd get me a fractional ownership on NetJets, and never *EVER* fly commercial again ! yes sir, your jet will be ready in 5 minutes. No sir, no TSA, no clogged toilets, no delays... Then you can go car shopping across the states !

--------------------------------------------------------------

73 inka 2002 w/ fuel injection & 5 speed, LSD

Except Phil Hill's Dino 246 F1 was obsolete by 1960 and was replaced by the Dino 156 Sharknose.

I have always admired the Aston Martin DB4 in any configuration, of which there were many.

post-9115-13667610885425_thumb.jpg

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Absolute first thing to buy would be a wooded lot with nice house and huge garage. Those ads in the back of Hemmings for "auto estates" make me dream of winning.

Yes, I'm a dreamer!

I torture myself by subscribing to weekly emails from this site:

http://www.carproperty.com/

I would probably make a collection of '02's of every iteration (1600, 1600ti, 2002ti, cabrio, Baur, etc.) for starters. Then an E9 or three, a 3.0Li, and a smattering of non-BMW's I've always liked (Triumph Herald Vitesse, Lotus Cortina, Alfa GTV). I could go on all day.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290