• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back, but sadly, not the same. William is hurt.

scestes

Well, after my long hiatus during my move, I'm back and starting to look at the boards again. Sadly just days before I moved, William started knocking during my drive home to my old house. It would appear as though I've spun a rod bearing. I've not had time to pull the engine, but from the sound I heard before he got parked, the prognosis is not good for my current engine. I may have a line on a long block in the area, but if anyone has a lower end that they know to be in good condition, please let me know.

I'm digging my new place in San Ramon. The 2 car garage really is a treat after working in a 1 car garage for a few years. I've gotten most of the unpacking done around the house now, so I'm starting to work on the garage this week and weekend. Already got 2 of my workbenches setup and am starting to unpack all my tools.

My neighbors seem excited about my cars, and I'll have to say I am completely enamored with my neighborhood and my neighbors. I live next to a food chemist who has probably invented a lot of things many of you have eaten. He came over 3 days ago and shared with me 3 different types of pralines that he's taste testing for a new product.

Hopefully I'll be posting and reading a bit more now that things are settling down in the new diggs. I hope all of you are doing well.

Sadly, I did not make it to the Historics this year. Porsche was the marquis car this year too. Damn it..

p.s. Have you hugged your 2002 today? I just washed William (even tho he's not running) and gave him a huge hug when I was done drying him.

p.s.s. Blunt is the shit when it comes to getting you parts. He's gotten me some parts for my e38 and was honestly the coolest dude to do business with. Thanks Blunt!

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

I hope William has a speedy recovery.

Thanks Harry, I'm hopeful that I'll have good news about an engine here shortly and I can get him back out on the road. I've not driven him in almost 2 months now, and I'm getting an itch.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com