• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Trudy: Chapter 2

bluedevils

I started a new blog because previous one was getting pretty crowded. See the previous progress here http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,322545/. Engine and auto transmission were removed today. My Mexican friends came over and removed everything under three hours. Body is so strong, doors closed perfectly with the nose jacked up, no buckling in the chassis was observed. Next step is to remove all the parts, wiring etc, and clean the engine bay and under the car. No rust holes or rot were found in the engine bay. Expect to be painted around October using original color, metallic Siennabraun. I haven't decided whether to keep her carbureted, e.g., a dual Weber set up with a polish intake and hi-compression pistons, a mild cam, or EFIed or tiied. I also have a 1.8 head and block from a 318i which I may use in this car. Will try to get it ready by next spring for its day view at Mid Fest 2010, in Arkansas.

p.s. Anybody needs a perfect Auto? Motor and trany under 85K original miles, yes sir.

post-2494-13667611266797_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667611269904_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667611275582_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667611278748_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Started a new construction business to go along with the furniture business. An extremely busy but non paying summer. It will pay off though. The siennabraun is looking great.

I thought you may use the engine, are you keeping the malaga once swapped and can I bring one of my cars that needs some rust repair to you to fix for me=u are the man and your band of brothers down there in the other blue country.

Frank, Glad you are doing Ok. We can fix your car the same way in my yard. Need to get a bigger welding machine and build a carport though. I will bring the other Malaga from Roxboro to my yard, put on stands for the time being. Haven't decided what to do about the car, may keep its original engine, Webber it, and add the 5-speed from 318i. Want something simple this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, we finished the body work. Final step was completed today by patching the rust holes on the driver side frame rail. We also did some beading, ala SCR style, to add strength between the front frame rails and inner fender structure. Next up is to remove the door, hood, trunk lid, windows and other stuff to prep the body for paint work.

post-2494-13667613209687_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667613211827_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667613214153_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667613216595_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667613219341_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...