• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of this "as new" Tii

Luis

No idea about the antenna... One more thing, did tii come with quad headlamps like this one, even in Europe? If you google-translate the description it sounds like a "frame-off" restoration and it does look incredibly nice. Assuming it is really as nice as it looks (and we all know that could be a big "if") what would it be worth here?

Luis

No it's not par with the USD in fact it's very strong at 1.45 dollar per Euro which makes that car about $48,000 USD. I'm not a 2002 expert but that sounds way out of the ballpark to me, so the question is, what have top-of-market perfect tii's sold for recently?

Luis

I would say its worth about 25,000 to 30,000 dollars. I could be very wrong also.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

One more thing, did tii come with quad headlamps like this one, even in Europe?

Bosch or Hella (or both) offered it as an aftermarket?

However, I think Rob Delk, who bought his Touring new in Germany, said it came from the factory with the twin headlights.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

SOMEWHERE IN THE $18000 ...$26000 (US) range

deduct for the nasty auto-antenna install, and the krummy covered steering wheel - the steering wheel after all is in your hands 100% of the time your in the car. That wheel doesn't invite me to sit there more than

30 seconds! ~ and for that level of restoration - lack of a new steering wheel might suggest short comings else where........... ?

57b8_27.JPG

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Hood pads in the wrong position.

Improper floor mats.

Scuff mark on the carpet by the gas pedal?

And that Herschman install is just a big red rubber clown nose.

I think for (32 000 Euros = 45 657.6 U.S. dollars) 45.6K any of the good US restorers could do way better and ship it to Europe.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Hmmm asking price is about $47,000 with todays currency conversion. Considering another BMW 2002 has been for sale for similar price in America for over 2 years, I'd say they're asking way over market value.

Like many collector cars in the current market this one seems to be pricing it's value today at what the peak over market HIGH price was when these cars hit their highest feeding frenzy some year + ago. Many car values have fallen 20-60% and this car seems about 50% high in my opinion. So high "asking" price should be a more reasonable $23,000 or so, or similar to the cost of a top notch restoration. Being few if any make $ restoring cars. The quality of the restoration of this car also seems suspect, deduct another $5,000 or so, I'd say close to $18,000 is a reasonable price which I'm sure is less than they spent restoring the vehicle. A normal situation for an old car.

http://classifieds.sportscarmarket.com/inventory.php?id=b6baa9906489767f8797e667b98694f5

A very similar tii sold locally out of a BMW dealership (Rasmussen) in Portland last year if I remember, Asking price was $$23K, and I think it sold on ebay for low $20's. It was Inka and I saw it in person, clean, but I thought slightly overpriced being it was for sale afterall out of a dealership showroom!

I've just purchased 3 cars in the past 3 weeks. A 1970 BMW 2002, Florida green, sunroof, owned by same owner for 26 years for $2800. Needs some paint work but otherwise in excellent original condition. Interior is almost like new, original carpets unworn, seatbelts are time warp, even headliner only needs minor cleaning. Runs like a champ and body is straight. The seller sold it to me for his bottom price, he even mentioned to me he should have sold last year, his asking price then was $7500. He had offers of $5800 and $6000 then and opted NOT TO SELL. A bad decision if you ask me.

1969 Lotus Elan S4. Paid $17,500 or about $10,000 less than "last" years typical value ($28,500), or about 40% less than I've seen advertised even on ebay this past week. One in my market area (Portland) was asking $23,000 starting bid his reserve was high 20's, and it didn't sell. Seems to me his value is too high for the quality of the car. Last year these were going for nearly $30,000 all day long.

1974 MGB GT V8. Factory built V8 car, RHD and imported from England about 6 years ago. Paid $16,000 on ebay for it. I know the seller since the car came in the country. I got a ripping deal. Last year he wanted $21K for the same car. Again over 20% off last years price. These cars are hard to value being maybe only 20 in the USA, still considering their rarity and desirability I got a good value for the $. It's not a perfect car, but doesn't need much to make it near concours. It's won a prize every year at the ABF meet in Portland the past 5 years.

WH

The option was from the factory, as well as an aftermarket option. It was called the "Dianna", and offered a few other options along with it. I "believe" that it was an option from 73 on.

As for the value of the car, Who really knows anymore.... My friend Jeff sold my old Tii [after a ton of work and pain] for 26K last year, and it was nice.....but. I sold a beautiful modified Tii a few months ago for only 17.5K. The guy got a deal and a half! Last year, it would have been a 28-32K car with no questions. The mods were tasteful to most.

I would think that a car in this state, minus the f'ed up antena detail [what the.....?] would be a solid 35K in this market, AND the owner would take a loss on it. These cars really are thinning out here.... at least the really nice ones. I wish him good luck with the sale. We all should. The economy sucks over there too!

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication