• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 in Davis, CA

iron_giant

I am selling a clean, running BMW 2002 and small parts lot. 2800 obo.

New in the last year:

Aardvark racing Front Big Brake Kit, new rear drums, cylinders and shoes w/ a Tii master cylinder. All new brake lines.

New Suspension Technique springs, Bilstein HD inserts in the front and Sports in the rear, Delrin bushings throughout front subframe, poly bushings in the rear, new ball joints, and rod ends.

New 320i radiator, hoses and thermostat.

Driveshaft balanced and rebuilt with new greasable zerks. New guibo. Newer tires.

Weber carb. pertronix ignition. Electric fuel pump. Optima Red Top battery.

What it needs:

The engine is blowing smoke upon heavy deceleration. I'm thinking that oil is slipping past the valve seals but have not looked into it. The engine is generally tired and could probably use a rebuild or at least a top end rebuild. It still drives well and I use it as my daily driver but the compression is lower than what it should be. Also, the exhaust manifold cracked when I backed into a berm (don't ask) and hit the tail pipe so a new manifold or header is a good idea.

The transmission and clutch feel good though the shifter linkage could use new bushings.

The only rust on the body is in the spare tire well (which is eaten pretty badly in the bottom), but the rest of the car is very clean (I have photos of the front and rear quarters, shock mounts, floor boards etc.) . The previous owner cut out some sheet metal behind the rear seat to install some speakers but new metal can easily be added.

The interior is so so. It's all there and I use it everyday but if you're looking at a restoration it need to be redone.

Paint is not original (obviously) and not a high quality job but the coverage was good enough to prevent rust.

I also have a spare engine which has been dismantled to rebuild which I will include. I have the bumpers, all of the chrome trim and several misc. parts also included. Depending on how much I am offered I may include a Metric Mechanics Polished and Ported Head for the rebuild.

I am motivated to sell but I also know what I have and how much I've got into it. I'll entertain offers as long as they are realistic. I'd be more than happy to send more detailed photos to those interested. I am looking for a good plasma cutter and will consider that as a partial trade.

thanks,

David

post-10338-13667611590631_thumb.jpg

post-10338-13667611591836_thumb.jpg

post-10338-13667611593157_thumb.jpg

my first 2002...