• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Introduction

Essem.w

Hello All,

My name is Stephen and after a very long time without a 2002 of my own I've re-entered the game with my resent acquisition of a 1973 2002 in terrible shape. My original plan was to buy a nice well sorted car and enjoy it but the project car bug took over as it often does and now I've been trapped in my garage trying to finish my new car for the last two weeks.

My previous forays into the world of classic transportation include a 1969 plymouth valiant, 1972 Honda N600, 1972 BMW 2002, 1962 Volvo P1800 and my beloved 1972 Datsun 240Z. I currently still have the Volvo and my first 240Z (I've owned 7 S30 series Datsuns in all) as well as my new-to-me 2002. My intention with this car is a mix of resto-mod, period style, young timers flare, and a bit of umph for those drives to and from the office or the grocery store...that's right, this BMW will be my daily driver.

My initial time table was running and driving in two weeks from delivery..this has now been bumped up to two months. Reality, P.O. goofs, and rust have pushed my timetable into a slightly less chaotic pace. I plan to start a blog shortly that details what I'm doing to this car, but updates and photos will be sparse as I tend to work and work without documenting much.

So I hope to add to the knowledge base here, the archives have already been a tremendous help. I've attached a picture the kids :)

My 2 favorite cars! I love both a Z and a 2002. Hope everything goes well with the 02!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

See if you can get it roadworthy by mid October and come and join us in New Braunfels.

Texan 02ers don't seem to get out much, so break the mold!

Texas Vintage in the Vineyards

Saturday October 17, 2009

This gathering is only open to all BMW models 1985 and older

Come join others from around Texas as we drive through the Hill Country

and indulge in some of Texas wineries.

The weekend will begin as you arrive Friday night at your hotel accommodations,

dinner will be on your own and give you a chance to explore the area.

Historic German Faust Hotel

www.fausthotel.com

Prices range from $79 to $129 per night

240 South Seguin Avenue

New Braunfels, Texas.

Reservations: (830) 625-7791

Rooms are first come first served basis ~ Make your reservation today

On Saturday we will travel some beautiful back roads to our first winery stop of the day

We will have a brief tour and tasting

Wine is available for purchasing

www.sistercreekvineyards.com

Then we will take some more curving roads over to our lunch stop at Camp Verde

Camp Verde General Store

opened in 1857 to serve the soldiers of the camp, which were all camel mounted. Jefferson Davis imported all of the camels from Egypt. No one knew the other animals would panic at the smell of the camels, hence their demise at Camp Verde.

After lunch we will stop at two smaller wineries close by

We will then travel back to the hotel to freshen up for dinner. Dinner will be first come first seated at the famous Grist Mill Steakhouse (sorry they do not take rsvp’s). After dinner you may want to go next door to the oldest dance hall in Texas Gruene Hall. www.gristmill.com and www.gruenehall.com .

Please Note: This gathering is not sponsored by BMW or any chapter thereof and is not otherwise affiliated. All participants do so on their own and are therefore responsible for any insurances.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Welcome Essem,

This is the best site out there. Nice score.

Document your rebuild exstensively you won't regret it and it helps when you insure it with any of the vintage car insurance companies.

2000Z's nice combo. Would love to see the volvo.

nt

100_7829.jpg

100_7818.jpg

Stephen,

Glad to see you finally found one!

If you're ever up in Dallas, we'll try to get the ever-growing local group to meet up. We had a great meeting last weekend at Cars and Coffee... there were six '02s there when I left (shortly after the start, unfortunately, as I had other plans), plus an E12, an M1 and a very vintage 319. These are big numbers for Dallas!

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Hey Andrew,

Yeah I finally bought one. I was really hoping to pick up a 2002 that came up for sale in Colorado but the timing just didn't work out, aka I was impatient and just bought this one!

This thing is really a mess, I filled my argon bottle today in preparation for some serious panel repair and just hope I don't find anymore rust.

How is your new car coming along?