• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Noobie! New to the Forum...

Pinball81

Hello! I've been lurking here for a while now (going on two years). But, just last weekend, I finally pulled the trigger and brought home a 1976 Sahara. It's a two-owner car -- originally a CA car, then transferred to Detroit when the original owner moved. Garaged during winters from that point on. So, the body really is in phenomenal condition. The interior has been mostly refurbed -- including custom-upholstered Recaros. Has a few modest upgrades including Tii headers and ANSA exhaust.

It does have a few issues that I need to address and, of course, will be looking to the Forum for help. Among the issues are a frozen speedometer/odometer, slight oil drip, and a fast idle.

Along with the car came a couple of boxes of goodies (a wide assortment of spare parts) and two extra sets of wheels/tires (original steelies, 325 basket-weaves, and set from 320is).

It made the 300 mile trip from Detroit to Indianapolis without issue -- ran like a champ! However, I could not get the speed up past 70 or so (at about 3800 RPM), so things are clearly in need of attention.

I've posted a few photos... enjoy.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Dave

P1010100.jpg

P1010097.jpg

'76 2002 - Sahara

'05 ///M3 ZCP - Alpine White

Welcome aboard!

That is one super clean car. Very nice.

I'm sure we can get you straightened out, post more specific questions/photos once you have a chance.

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Welcome aboard!

That is one super clean car. Very nice.

I'm sure we can get you straightened out, post more specific questions/photos once you have a chance.

-Jason

Thanks, Jason! Yes, it's extremely clean. Honestly, I feel like I stole it from the guy -- particularly given all of the extra parts he included.

The engine, at 220k miles, isn't quite as clean... here's a photo:

2002Motor.jpg

That's where I'll be focusing my attention!

'76 2002 - Sahara

'05 ///M3 ZCP - Alpine White

Anybody know what that is sticking out from the inside of the fender, just aft of the coil? I'm curious.

Bob Napier

Forgot to add that that is a very nice looking car.

Yeah. I was going to ask that as well... what the crap could it be?! ahhhh... got it. - its a stereo telegraph. An early form of OnStar.

Very nice score man. Welcome! Join our regional Facebook group!! The link is in my sig!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Anybody know what that is sticking out from the inside of the fender, just aft of the coil? I'm curious.

Bob Napier

Forgot to add that that is a very nice looking car.

rusted metal things with rubber knobs, of course.

Gorgeous car, wow!!

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Welcome to the wild and crazy world of 2002 owners. You have a really nice car with some character. Have you assigned a name yet? I think "Mata-Hari" has been taken (due to the Sahara color).

Looks like your car still has the A/C lines up front but I'm still trying to figure out that weird device below the coil. Can you post another picture of that area?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I second the vote for --->

its a stereo telegraph. An early form of OnStar.

Please post a better picture of that weird thingy, and who put the coil Way Up there?

Welcome Pinball81 to wonderful world of 02 ownership, if you're not crazy now, you will be soon!

Beautiful ride! Once you get the bugs worked out you'll be able to go 100+ with no problem :-D

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

Seet mama! Well, if your anything like me your going to find yourself cruising the web for hours on end. I'm new to the 2002 world myself and can't seem to get enough. Congrats on a very nice looking car!

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Hi Dave! Love that color! Welcome to the offbeat world of Midwest '02 ownership. Give me your email address & I will keep you posted on any events we have in the OH/IN/MI/KY region. Good luck w/your new 'precious.'

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz