• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeler 74 Polaris turbo "Chloe" Restored show qual

twinturbo

Just want to give everyone a heads up. Once my other 74 Polaris turbo # 186 "Chloe" is completed . She will be up for sale. She is a rust free restored turbo with lots of new Original BMW panels. Her body will be flawless exactly like my current turbo "Bella". She started from Ireland then the UK before I purchased her here in the BayArea. She was maintained by the best shops in the business. Jaymic of UK and Casey Motorsport in Petaluma. I have all records and history. She has tons of new parts including a new original turbo and original injector pump. Everything used is all original parts only. I purchased her last year for $45k and I have spent almost $30k in body work and parts alone. She is expected to be completed in the next 3 to 5 months. Any interest pls send me an email.

For now you can view her progress here

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,317055/highlight,/

Man you are out of your league here - I will expect to see your car on the front page of one of those fat luxury mags and then on the cover of Hemmings.

Why not try Barrett Jackson - or better yet Christies?

Actually I wonder whether BMW AG would not want this one for the lobby in Munich! You should make an enquiry. I know one guy there who could bring it to the Quandt's attention pretty quick if you had a mind to.

You have an uber Turbo restoration you can be proud of ...

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Man you are out of your league here - I will expect to see your car on the front page of one of those fat luxury mags and then on the cover of Hemmings.

Why not try Barrett Jackson - or better yet Christies?

Actually I wonder whether BMW AG would not want this one for the lobby in Munich! You should make an enquiry. I know one guy there who could bring it to the Quandt's attention pretty quick if you had a mind to.

You have an uber Turbo restoration you can be proud of ...

Thank you for such a wonderful comment. Once its done I will sure post photos again =) One thing for sure is with any of my cars I only do it one way and its doing it right. No short cuts and as perfect as I could. The only problem is once I see the final results I get attached and always decide to keep it. Thank you again =)

I have really enjoyed following the progress of your "twin-turbos". I'm glad you could invest in such a wallet-sucking experience and post them here for all of us to salivate over. As I have read in many automotive publications, hold on to your restored vehicles - as you will never recover the cost of restoration, especially in this economy.

You have beautiful weather to enjoy your cars year-round; exercise them like BMW originally designed them by driving them regularly.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

Thank you for the advice Jim. Sadly I know what your talking about. This economy does not favor anyone. Im just putting out a feeler just in case someone would be interested in such a car. When the time comes. I will not mind loosing a bit but not a lot. People are asking me why Im I spending so much and go through everything if my plans is to sell her? Because of our current economy and since I already own it. One good reason I had the car built to my standards is if ever I cant find a buyer for her atleast I know I will be keeping a good car that I can be proud of =)

Thanks

Alvin

at least I know I will be keeping a good car that I can be proud of =)

Thanks

Alvin

Amen. Please don't keep them under wraps in the garage. Just reading the stories in the books by Tom Cotter (Cobra & Hemi in the Barn series) makes me sad. I've seen many cars that rotted away while their owners boasted: "I'm going to restore her someday".

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”