• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72tii

hplug

Hey Guys,

I have my 72 verona tii listed on fleabay. I am not getting a bunch of activity and I am kind of curious as to why. Do you have any input? Is it because I used 6 series rear seats? Not stock? It is a beautiful car that was done really nice. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150368889569&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

68 2002 #256

It could be the "buy it now price" of $22,750!

I think that will keep many from even bidding on it knowing how much you want for the car (many want to play on ebay and place bids, but few will be serious buyers). Very few would be BMW 2002 buyers have that kind of coin in this down turned rmid-recession car market.

I know.... I've bought 3 cars in the past month all for great deals, probably saving myself 50% over buying the same cars last year!

WH

Guest Anonymous

I think you did a great job with the car.

I have done a very similar job with mine. restoring some things and tasteful updates in others.

Late August is a bad time to sell anything. People are tapped out from vacations and focused on back to school spending. If it doesn't sell for your price, I would try again in October.

Guest Anonymous

it would probably be best to go completely stock/original for top dollar. Unfortunately, you have foiled that route with the 6 series rear seat and the covered dash. I would think a car like yours would get more attention if it had factory alloys,an original uncracked two piece dash, the correct grilles, a functioning air conditioner ( it just seems that when you ask for a large amount of money for a car, everything should work), a Petri steering wheel or the factory leather covered 3 spoke, an electrically heated rear window (believe me, they do work if the grid is intact), a limited slip differential (since the open differential is a weak point that will likely eventually need replacement due to failed spider gears), as well as painting the engine side of the nose red instead of black. In this economy, as WH mentioned, people are expecting a lot more for their money.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Thanks again guys I really appriciate the feedback as all points are valid. I will be providing the original back seat to the buyer if they want it. The front of the engine bay should have been painted but I never did it maybe next time. My next car is a 72tii colorado sunroof a/c with similar miles and it will receive a more stock resto. Thanks again

68 2002 #256

A $19,000 Buy It Now price tells me the reserve is somewhere close to that. You immediately narrow your field down a bunch - worth it or not, that's a lot of money. And a point already made, all us northerners and midwesterners are already planning for winter storage. Don't want to buy just in time to find a place to store.

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!