• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02Fest Midwest - Lodging update - panic, false alarm, relief

It was previously posted that accommodations might be "tight".

GAWD! That's all we needed. How the hell did that happen? And after very carefully picking that special weekend(no conflicting local events). Had a freaking coronary! Total panic. Thought about changing the date. Thought about cancelling the whole bloody thing.

But, it seems as though only the Quality Inn is booked solid on our dates. All the other sites still have availability. Instead of using the 800 numbers, I phoned them direct, rooms are available and "we're good to go". Crisis averted.

Super 8: 608-935-3888

Best Western: 608-935-7739

etc.etc.

"Full" outline for the event is in the Event section.

mac.

PS. Now we have "locals" arguing over which roads we should include in the Drives. I hope it doesn't develop into fights in the streets. LOL.

Mac: Looking forward to meeting you and many others. I have not been to Chicago in many years. Used to come up to visit my brother when he lived in Lake Zurich. Don't cancel anything, I want to check out this event.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

The Best Western wouldn't offer a 'reduced rate' to us, but when making reservtions, tell the rest you're with "02Fest" and you'll get a reduced rate.

mac.