• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Emblem Location???

Senna27

Cool 2002 you have there, since we cannot talk you out of placing the emblem on the trunk lid....here is another suggestion that doesn't involve a DRILL!

I had a similar situation with my 1600 cabrio which needed a baur emblem on the right fender. I didn't want to drill any holes but felt the emblem was needed for the car to look correct.

The solution was to grind off the pins flush or slightly lower so they won't touch. Then place adhesive silicone or 2 sided tape (I used the tape) on the emblem and attach it in the proper location.

No holes needed.. with the same look.

The roundel emblem may not be even enough on the back however, you could fill it in with JB weld or a similar material. Just leave enough space for the tape. You can double up the tape too (it worked on my Honda 1969 CB750 emblems).

You did a fine job with the car....please post some interior photos for us curious admirers

Good Luck

Where can I find a front bumper like yours?

More info at this link.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~pchamaa/kamei_repro_spoiler.htm

It looks better built than my original Kamei. The top edge it stronger and less likely to split. Maybe he will send me one since he used a picture of my car on his website! :)

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR