• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parting out Complete 71 2002

elementfmfl

I am picking this car up this weekend, Sunday is 02 fest. After that I will start responding to the hits I got. I have had a tough time deciding what to do with this car. It has been sitting for several years and I basiclly saved it from being pushed into a yard and rotting. SO the dilema began, should I keep it and get it on the road? Should I just pass it on? Should I use what I need to get my car in better order, and at the same time get parts to others who may in need of the same? In the end the best choice seems to be keep as many cars on the road as we can, sacrifing a car or two along the way. I understand the thought of getting it back on the road, but frankly, I cant afford it. And I want to at least make the money back I have into it. We started it up and it idles so smooth for sitting as long as it has, the thought ran through my mind, and was suggested to me to flare it drive it. If someone was to offer me the right amount of money I would be willing to let the whole thing go. But at this point in time, there are a lot of early parts on this car that are not easily available that people need. SO there you have it...

Modern cars... They all look like electric shavers.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody know if taillights/turn signals/lic plate light fixtures are compatible between 71 and 73?

I would like those if they are in good shape and are compatible. Pics please.

I would like any compatible trim and grills I can get my hands on.

Thanks in advance!

1973 BMW 2002

I'm interested (NEED as mine is worn) in the rear hub (with stud bolts on it)

1976 BMW 2002 (in need of a transplant)

1973 Ford F350 crew cab (390' 4-speed)

1963 Ford (289' 5-speed)

2003 330i BMW ESS Supercharger (sold and sorely missed), 1998 BMW K1200RS (sold)

OK, things are a bit calmer, i will start ot respond to parts wanted within the next few days. As I said before the car is complete. There is alot of early interesting parts, Including a working Blaupunkt stero and original speaker and speaker grid, shortie console. even the carpet isnt bad. The hood and trunk are perfect. glass is complete and clean. Chrome is in good to very good condition. Interesting original style seat belts with chrome lock bar in between front seats. Head liner is perfect. the radio/console and speaker are a pretty rare to find complete and operating so I am entertaining offers. I will accept offers for each part or the complete set. I figure this is the best way to deal with this considering the amount of interest I have alreay received via email regarding. I would rather keep things off ebay. I bought this car for parts I need ofr my car and figure can help others out along the way As long as I get my moneys worth out of it, Im content. If there are any parts you are in need of and havent responed to this post please do so or email me and I will respond in order of reciept. Again I have received alot of interest so be patient I would like to clean everything prior to takign photos and posting responses. This car sat in a garage for 20+ years and as such was used for storage, the dust is pretty unsightly. I drained the fluid refreshed everythign and drove it around the neighborhood this past week. Runsvery well, I believe it may need a new thermo and a good radiator flush, I did flush it, however it needs to be done by a radiator shop in my opinion. I also am taking into consideration those of you that may like to save htis car from being parted, if that is the case make me a resonable offer and I will cease the disassembly and sell as is

b

Can you e-mail pictures of door panels if black

Thanks

email me at elementfmfl@aol.com, panels are blk and front are clean and uncut, corners at bottom have started to lift but are still fully intact. rear drivers is damaged, rear passenger is clean

post-10316-13667612294251_thumb.jpg

post-10316-13667612295005_thumb.jpg

i may be interested in the beltline trim and front seats depending on the condition. let me know. thanks!

Front seats are complete, Passenger side is perfect, no worn rips or tears. Driver seat has one tear on left side. belt line trim I may be keeping, havent decided. The only piece that isnt very presentable is the nose, has a few little kinks in it.

post-10316-13667612295916_thumb.jpg

post-10316-13667612296736_thumb.jpg