• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time round(el)

Tassie02

Hi all.

My name's Sam. I'm new to the forums but have been following the tech articles for a few years before I decided to register. My dad's been a big BMW fan for years and has had a fair few run through his ownership (one of which, a genuine UK-delivered '66 2000 Alpina which somehow found its way down here to Tasmania and now resides in our shed). So I suppose, you could blame him for my enthusiasm for my little BM.

Its a 1972 2002 (chassis number: 1657659) in the original Chamonix white. I recieved this from my parents for my 18th birthday in 2004. Its been sitting under the trees in our backyard since then, and only recently after returning from study in Western Australia, did i decide to do something with it. It has had some work done on it, where time and funds have allowed, but now with study out of the way, I have a nice little project on my hands.

In the time I've had it, I've dreamt up all the horrible things to do to it (stonking great turbos, e30 m3 engines and such) but i've decided to keep it relatively simple and restrained. Not completely stock but just different enough to be fun.

As you can see from the first pre wash picture, its had 5 years of grime build up which hasn't done the paintwork any favours. After nearly 2 hours with a Karcher Pressure washer, I managed to get most of the scummy stuff off. It still needs a really good wash a polish, but it'll do for now.

Its now in the shed, having the arse end ripped out of it (cleaning out the boot area as it needs a new fuel tank and the tail lights need a rebuild). More pictures to come soon. Stay tuned.

post-17317-13667611894012_thumb.jpg

post-17317-13667611897649_thumb.jpg