• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 2000tii Touring w/ Sunroof and Factory Sport Seats

robingb

hi les, i couldn't find a euro dash without cracks. i thought about deleting the seat belt indicator and covering hole with plate but opted not to. the U.S front bubble indicators were a mistake that we wouldn't have made had it been a Porsche. I suspect there may be some addt' sorting that someone might want to do. the VIN is 3424105. thanks for your interet, gary

hi les, i couldn't find a euro dash without cracks. i thought about deleting the seat belt indicator and covering hole with plate but opted not to. the U.S front bubble indicators were a mistake that we wouldn't have made had it been a Porsche. I suspect there may be some addt' sorting that someone might want to do. the VIN is 3424105. thanks for your interet, gary

Hello Gary,

Nice touring. I too remember seeing it on Ebay from the prior East Coast owner. Bill Holmes had mentioned your purchase of the car as well. It has come a long way.

The US front turn signals are correct for the factory "sport paket". My polaris 2000tii touring has them as well with sport package. There are factory pictures posted out there showing one at an early 70's Amsterdam show and elsewhere. Sorry to see you are selling after an extensive and costly restoration.

T.R.

'72 polaris 2000tii touring

'72 inka 2002

The US front turn signals are correct for the factory "sport paket". My polaris 2000tii touring has them as well with sport package. There are factory pictures posted out there showing one at an early 70's Amsterdam show and elsewhere.

I would like to see those pictures. I have the original Touring brochure, and no US "bubble" indicator is shown nor offered, certainly not as part of the "sport paket". As the Touring was never officially brought to the US I do not know how it would have got US "bubble'' indicators. Maybe a Touring or two was ordered by US buyer(s) and they asked for them?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Guest Anonymous

agree with Les. Turn signals were certainly not part of a sport package in europe. The only way I could see them finding their way onto a car would be if somebody federalized the car way back when (and if that was the case then side markers would have had to be installed as well).

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

The US front turn signals are correct for the factory "sport paket". My polaris 2000tii touring has them as well with sport package. There are factory pictures posted out there showing one at an early 70's Amsterdam show and elsewhere.

I would like to see those pictures. I have the original Touring brochure, and no US "bubble" indicator is shown nor offered, certainly not as part of the "sport paket". As the Touring was never officially brought to the US I do not know how it would have got US "bubble'' indicators. Maybe a Touring or two was ordered by US buyer(s) and they asked for them?

Hello Les,

If you have a copy of "The BMW 2002" by Taylor and Macartney, US turn signals are shown on the colorado tii touring with sport package. It is also shown on my copy of "BMW 1500-2002, 1962-77" by Schiffer Automotive Series.

Here are some pics of the golf tii touring Jaime Munoz sold on Rob's site and Ebay a while back. Scroll down the page a bit. The car had only been brought to the US recently.

http://www.2002haus.com/2002sSOLD.htm

Also, this Swiss owner who has also posted on the FAQ shows one in inka near bottom of page.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.forum-auto.com/automobiles-mythiques-exception/section5/sujet167838-140.htm&ei=CFulSoHsDpDOsQOZy-SMDw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=10&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbmw%2B2000tii%2Btouring%2Bsport%2Bpaket%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D20

T.R.

agree with Les. Turn signals were certainly not part of a sport package in europe. The only way I could see them finding their way onto a car would be if somebody federalized the car way back when (and if that was the case then side markers would have had to be installed as well).

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

And for Sherman....

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2661&mospid=47136&btnr=63_0491&hg=63&fg=10

Referred to as "Rallye Package" turn indicators. Nuff said?

T.R.

I stand corrected.

Strange that the part number (63 13 1 354 557 & 558) refers only to the tii Touring and there's a different part number for the US front turn indicators (63 13 1 351 629 & 630). Is there a difference?

Just took a look and mine has two wires. One connects to a large flasher bulb and the other to a smaller parking light socket posteriorly. Other posts that I have seen showing the "tap-a-lite" modification for Euro flush signals place the additional smaller bulb through a hole anterior to the larger.

T.R.

• 1 month later...