• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice coverage on V@V in the Sept. Roundel

m-racer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I concur with Tim Mike has captured the essence of what the Vintage is all about, the behind the scenes stories and people Scott's event is just a wonderful time, like Michael D said in his post following the event back in May: 02s, driving and people from all over.

And Brad's cover shot is phenom!!!!

Satch is not always right.

Mike did a very nice job and Brother Brad listened to Tom in class for sure.

Brad's Anne Marie is the cover girl on the National Capital's newsletter this month too.

http://db.nccbmwcca.org/

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Previous post for dB here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,327782/highlight,/

Satch is not always right.

Mike did a very nice job and Brother Brad listened to Tom in class for sure.

Brad's Anne Marie is the cover girl on the National Capital's newsletter this month too.

http://db.nccbmwcca.org/

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Anne Marie and Brad. Wasn't there a Disney movie about them? Beauty and the Beast in the orange jumpsuit?

yes, except it wasn't a disney movie...it was a quinten tarantino movie!

thanks guys! and i had no input into what shot they used, all i did was send a few pics. definitely didn't list that beauty of a coupe as an 02, that's for sure! can't wait to read mike's article. still waiting on my copy to arrive...

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

[

don't use the closet in your room ("we store our own stuff in there - it's off limits to you!"), .

could it be he was just trying to avoid another 'david carradine' incident???

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Nice article Mike

At least until you got to the shameless plug for the Sobotta Manor, Mike. First of all, NEVER EVER STAY THERE.

Otis, it was a pleasure to meet you. We really need the Otis and the Mikes in this world, it is called "balance". We had a blast in the main hotel (I forget the name...oops), especially in the parking lot, fixing cars and talking 02 to the wee hours.

My favorite picture:

Otis

FAQ Member # 91

Nice article Mike

At least until you got to the shameless plug for the Sobotta Manor, Mike. First of all, NEVER EVER STAY THERE. Second, sorry Mike, but you're just dead wrong on this one. The husband, whom for some reason you called "Eugene," actually goes by "JR" or "Junior" - and is a certified psychotic loon. He got nose-to-nose with me over Otis' trailer! And we weren't even there for five minutes - hadn't even checked in - before he started bitching about the trailer. What a nutcase.

We abandoned this B&B from Hell after only one miserable night. Of course, don't mind our opinion, and by all means stay at the Sobotta Manor, provided that you like:

(1) A ton of rules - don't do this, don't touch that, don't touch the comforter, don't use the closet in your room ("we store our own stuff in there - it's off limits to you!"), lights out at 10, NO NOISE (and keep your voices DOWN!), park here, don't park there, breakfast PROMPTLY AT 8 AM NO EXCEPTIONS BE SEATED. And ...

(2) A live 120-volt light socket with pull switch - in the shower! Makes it easy to style your hair in the morning - if you like the Don King look. And ...

(3) Doors that won't lock ("I told Junior to fix the locks, but he just won't spend the money!"). And ...

(4) Yappy little dogs who hump your legs ("Oh, excuse them, they're just excitable - but don't let them out - CLOSE THE DOOR!"). And ...

(5) Paper thin walls, where you can hear everything and anything that anybody says or does (don't worry, Mike, your secrets are safe with us - but did you know you snore?) And ...

Rules, rules, and more rules - they hand you a list when you walk in! And, remember the Dwight Yoakum character from the movie, Slingblade? Well, Billy Bob Thornton didn't really kill him - the guy is alive and well, and living under the name "JR" in the Sobotta Manor! Or, maybe the Lawnmower Man. Either one - both fit.

Beware, all ye who reserve and stay in the Sobotta Manor. I'd rather be sentenced to a night in the Mt. Airy jail, watching endless reruns of Aunt Bea and Goober doing the humpy dance, than be subjected to five minutes in this ridiculous excuse for overnight lodging.

Disgusting. Almost ruined the whole weekend for us -- Thanks a lot, JR the Lawnmower Man. Mike mentioned that there was "offstreet parking for three vehicles!!!" There actually were four 02s there Friday night, Mike - but your main man "Eugene" forced me to park on the street. What an asswipe.

PS - By the way, Mike - I've introduced myself at least 50 times to you. The name's Otis - the guy in the orange suit. But you can never remember who I am. Your standard greating to me: "Hi - and who are you?" Here's a hint, Mike - I'm Otis, the guy in the orange suit. Hey, did I mention the orange suit? O-T-I-S is the name. Beach Volleyball is my game. Mayor of Otisland. Have trailer (and tux), will travel.

I am still laughing. Hopefully you have made your reservations at the Hampton for 2010.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.