• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice coverage on V@V in the Sept. Roundel

m-racer

Before we drive completely off the mental map here, my post was to thank Scott, Patti and the team for putting on a great event and to congratulate them for getting the recognition they deserve. Certainly we can all agree with that.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked the article, and all of the pics are great! Good job represent'n all of the '02 crowd. You and Rob do a great job in Roundel.

Hope to go sometime - everytime I read something about V@V, I get fired up.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

attend events like V@V (not to mention the organizers) make an article easy to write. It helps to be an 02 fanatic too!

See y'all there next year!

Cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

See y'all there next year!

Cheers

mike

JR called. He said (1) thanks for the plug for the Sobotta Manor, and (2) he fixed the toilet, and your room is ready.

You know David, it's a free speech internet and all that, but this thread was not about you. It was about Scott and Patti and the people who work hard to make V@V a great event getting some recognition. If you have a personal bitch with your place of lodging or with Mr. Self's comments, then start your our thread. I tried to be good natured and pull you back to the spirit of the thread, but to no avail. So to be blunt, stay out of my thread with this low brow nonsense. Take it somewhere else.

Ken -

If you want to attend next year's event, my car typically has an open pass. seat for the drive down. You can fly into National Airport only 20 minutes from me and I'll pick you up. We have had a great caravan the past two years I have gone.

Or - if you want to go "solo", fly into Greensboro, NC or Raleigh, NC airport and rent a car.

Either way - it's a must-do event.

I liked the article, and all of the pics are great! Good job represent'n all of the '02 crowd. You and Rob do a great job in Roundel.

Hope to go sometime - everytime I read something about V@V, I get fired up.

Ken

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I appreciate the offer! How do you know that I'm not enormously fat and will blow up your suspension, and have horrific BO?

Hah - I just might!

but thanks again! Kind of goes along with the spirit of the event!

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Well, Ummm. I still have some time to "investigate" you. LOL. Your 2002 doesn't look like it's leaning to one side and you have an original Mini, so you shouldn't be all that bad. Now, BO is another story, even though I ride with windows & sunroof open.

I appreciate the offer! How do you know that I'm not enormously fat and will blow up your suspension, and have horrific BO?

Hah - I just might!

but thanks again! Kind of goes along with the spirit of the event!

Ken

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

bitch ... Stay out of my thread ... low brow

Sorry.

Everything's out. Except of course, the stuff that you quoted, and to which you chose to reply (which must have broken the "spirit" - sorry again). Perhaps you could edit that stuff out; and maybe some of your language as well? After all, in the spirit of "your" thread, "bitch" seems rather - what's the word - well, certainly not "high brow," eh? Oh, and maybe you can get my friend Mr. Dubois to edit his post, too, particularly since it contains a picture of yours truly. You wouldn't that sort of low-brow stuff (by guilty association) to unnecessarily pollute "your" thread.

I'm out. The microcar group, the hot-rod folks, the Cobra club, well, they like me. Must make them -- low brow?

Take care, y'all. Best personal regards, Otis

PS - Esty, I'll miss you most of all :-(

If you are going to quote me then at least do it accurately. You can justify this any way you like. Still all comes down to you turning a thread that was focused on someone else (in this case Scott, Patti, and the V@V team) into your own private bizzarro trip. It's on you. I did however enjoy the tone of how hurt your feelings are. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me except the micro ar, the hot-rod folks, the Cobra club............never can tell who might enjoy a picture of a guy on a toilet or a guy with a noose arround his neck. I've spent too much time on this already. Have a good one.

Interesting observations, m-racer.

My wife and I were part of the "V@V team." We ran the V@V Coloring Contest. For the kids. In Otisland. With helium balloons and games and velvet ropes and displays and cancer-research donations and Hawaiian leis and prizes -- including the grand prizes of not one, but two "Sherriff Otis" hats. Drove 800 miles with two loaded helium tanks in a trailer behind an 02. Granted, our efforts pale in comparison to the efforts of Scott and Patti and the "people who work hard to make V@V a great event." But what did you do? Yes of course - you started this thead. Which is titled, "Nice coverage on V@V in Sept Roundel." (emphasis added.) Which is a reference to the article that Mike Self wrote, on which you commented qualitatively, "Nice article Mike." Which prompted me to post, the content of which you quoted in full, "still laughing."

But, silly me for not having read your mind. Notwithstanding the title of your thread, you actually intended to limit your thread to your focus, that is, thanking Scott, Patti, and the "V@V team." Of course - I should have known. Besides, what an original idea - after all, it's not like there is any other thread on this Board in which folks have expressed their gratitude for V@V, right? Indeed, this is a private thread, the content of which you should control. How dare I post within your thread content that might save some other FAQer from wasting money on the Mike-Self-endorsed Sobotta Manor? Granted, I subsequently included two pictures which you found offensive (jerry - loved your David Carradine comment - now that was funny). But I apologized - after all, you probably have never been exposed to such outrageousness (a guy on a toilet - the gaul!). So I promptly removed the pictures, together with any "mental," "bizarro trip," "low brow," or "bitch" type content. Yet oddly, the only one who is keeping such content alive within your thread, is you.

Keep up the good work, m-racer. Oh - you might want to check the quotes herein for accuracy. Your buddy, Otis.

PS - not a single offensive picture was utilized in the making of this post. Instead, here are (for me) the two best shots from the event.

post-1769-13667612289341_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667612290165_thumb.jpg

Interesting observations, m-racer.

My wife and I were part of the "V@V team." We ran the V@V Coloring Contest. For the kids. In Otisland. With helium balloons and games and velvet ropes and displays and cancer-research donations and Hawaiian leis and prizes -- including the grand prizes of not one, but two "Sherriff Otis" hats. Drove 800 miles with two loaded helium tanks in a trailer behind an 02. Granted, our efforts pale in comparison to the efforts of Scott and Patti and the "people who work hard to make V@V a great event." But what did you do? Yes of course - you started this thead. Which is titled, "Nice coverage on V@V in Sept Roundel." (emphasis added.) Which is a reference to the article that Mike Self wrote, on which you commented qualitatively, "Nice article Mike." Which prompted me to post, the content of which you quoted in full, "still laughing."

But, silly me for not having read your mind. Notwithstanding the title of your thread, you actually intended to limit your thread to your focus, that is, thanking Scott, Patti, and the "V@V team." Of course - I should have known. Besides, what an original idea - after all, it's not like there is any other thread on this Board in which folks have expressed their gratitude for V@V, right? Indeed, this is a private thread, the content of which you should control. How dare I post within your thread content that might save some other FAQer from wasting money on the Mike-Self-endorsed Sobotta Manor? Granted, I subsequently included two pictures which you found offensive (jerry - loved your David Carradine comment - now that was funny). But I apologized - after all, you probably have never been exposed to such outrageousness (a guy on a toilet - the gaul!). So I promptly removed the pictures, together with any "mental," "bizarro trip," "low brow," or "bitch" type content. Yet oddly, the only one who is keeping such content alive within your thread, is you.

Keep up the good work, m-racer. Oh - you might want to check the quotes herein for accuracy. Your buddy, Otis.

PS - not a single offensive picture was utilized in the making of this post. Instead, here are (for me) the two best shots from the event.

Nice pics. I missed that whole coloring contest thing. I was busy parking the 90 plus E28's and E24's and interfacing with SESF for Scott. However, I did get around to making a contribution to your cause at Otisland. You are absolutely correct that there is no such thing as real thread ownership. There are no requirements of civility or good taste either. You can make whatever comment and post whatever pictures you like as that is the nature of internet forums. That, however does not mean that everyone appreciates your expression. You either get this or you don't, and given that you posted pictures of a naked guy on a toilet and one of auto-asfixiation, my guess is that you don't. I did find your first post funny. My comments only came after you posted the pictures refereced above. I thought your pics were in bad taste and I said so (thus the words bizzaro, low brow and the term mental in conjunction with the word map. The word bitch was used as a synonym for complaint not as a term describing you). Given the amt. of email I have received supporting my comment I don't exactly feel like I am alone in this. I can't imagine that this is the first time you have experienced that kind of reaction, but then pehaps that is the result you seek. Sorry I started this thread at all at this point, but still think "Nice article Mike" applies and I still think the focus of the thread (albeit, not too original) should have been on the sucess of V@V and the recognition of Scott, Patti and the team (including you if you are part of it). Spin or defend it however you wish. I don't really care. I am done here. The last comment is yours. It's your thread now, but then aren't they all.