• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002 for Sale, So Cal

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello I am selling my 75 2002. Here is a run down on the car. I am listing as much about this car as I know, so as to not waste anybody's time.

I bought this car from San Diego and towed it up here to Orange County. This was intended to be built as a daily driver and not a ground up restore. When I first got this car there was quite a bit of rust. I went through and replaced the rusted out panels. I replaced them with sheet metal and not replacement panels(as this is just built for a daily driver). Here's where major rust was that I repaired; driver floor pan and quarter, 2 rear quarters. The car is now about 98% rust free. There is rust in the spare tire well. Driver side door was replaced as well.

Upon tear down, previous owners had replaced the front core support as well. That will still need to be lined up better if you want it perfect, but again this was a daily driver build.

This car now has a fresh coat of paint. Its about a 10 footer, and still needs a buff and wax. The paint is a bit lighter than the stock sahara. I have the paint code and its a some shade of ivory. I think the color looks great. Its sprayed with a uretahane paint from Nason that dupount makes.

The motor is a 1.8 out of my 320i that I had. It is also equipt with a 5 speed tranny. e30 318i alternator and electronic ignition from the 318i as well. Petronix coil, headers, 32/36 weber, 320i radiator with electric fan in front. Runs Great! When I pulled the motor I replaced the water pump and head gasket. Internals of the motor looked great as well, nice and clean like it was rebuilt recently. The motor ran great on my 320i and it runs great on the 2002 as well. Clutch has a lot of life left as well. Muffler is a ansa with dual tips.

Bilsteins in the back and I believe the fronts are bilsteins as well but I haven't taken them out to look at them. The strut tube part that I can see looks new and bigger that stock so I assumed that it is also a bilstein unit. Springs are just cut stock springs. 320i wheels with new Doral(generic tires) for everyday driving. Tires have less than 200 miles on them.

Cv shafts were all rebuilt with new grease and fittings. The car drives great and looks great. I have all the trim for it, just haven't put it on yet as it still needs a buff and wax. Figure it would be easier to do that before the trim went on. Also have both bumpers. They are both drilled out and shrunken in. I think its a great car, selling because I can't afford 2 project cars. I also have a Datsun 510 that I have decided to keep instead.

Seats are out of a 320i and are in good condition, there are cracks on the front dash. Has the "silver dollar" dash gauges. I don't see this car as a ground up restore for anybody, rather a great daily driver or a track car. Title in hand, no fees, current registration and insured.

Asking $4200 Or best. If you wan't more pictures, please email me at fo0manchu at gmail. com.