• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 02 in Bay Area

Frenchee

i'm selling my '73: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1372807889.html

i have it listed at $2500, but that is totally negotiable. i just threw it up there in a hurry, i'm going to make a more detailed post tonight. but here's the lowdown:

the awesome:

-bilstein sport shocks and H&R springs

-5 speed conversion

-current registration/tags

-clean title

-i've used it as an everyday driver with no problems

the not so awesome:

-transmission is making noise. i think it's the throwout bearing, but i'm not sure. drives fine, but makes noises.

-heater fan doesn't work

-it was rearended before i bought it... the guy hammered the panels back out and primed them, but it's not very pretty

i have driven this car almost everyday since i bought it 18 months ago and it hasn't given me any trouble. i wouldn't try to drive it across the country, but it has served me very well for zipping around the bay area.

i'm selling it because the financial hardships of grad school are finally catching up to me and i have to let my beloved "hans" go. he's definitely a project, but you can drive and enjoy him while you restore him. i've had a lot of fun with this car, it makes me sad to send him on his way.

-------

1973 BMW 2002 with innumerable problems