• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Vanity Plates

ClayW

These plates have been on my Parent's Tii since the mid 70's...

439.jpg

Tii%20Plate.JPG

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

i don't have a photo of it, but i was given a '68 1602 Turf Green with the vanity plate TADPOL.

normally, i wouldn't pay extra for vanity plates, but the idea of squirming through twisties and traffic in a sporty little green car with a tadpole logo on it just resonated with me.

the only bummer about this plate is that the PO turned in the original california black plates to get this one :(

on a somewhat naughty note:

i did try to get

THEFNGR

earlier this year and the DMV site initially let it go through, but it was rejected via mail. That sequence of letters has now been blocked out on the CA DMV website. i received a charge back on my credit card and i kept the rejection letter as a keepsake.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

here is mine, I have given it to my wife, then we sold the car, so by default it went to my 2002. I tried to get Bacchus, but there are too many wine makers in CA to get anything near. Oxiourus is kind of play on words to denote something that can be sometimes a head ache, but in a sweet kind of way, just like my 02.

post-154-13667612176768_thumb.jpg

FAQ Member # 91

I kind of love the TADPOL one...

Some great ones I've seen on this site:

2OHOH2

2GRAND2

Since the day I brought my 02 home my wife has referred to it as "the chicklette" and wants me to get "CHIKLIT" (it looks like a giant chamonix Chicklette).

My username also refers to the plate I wanted (but could never justify the $100 for) for my E46 M3: DSCOFF (dynamic stability control: off). Kind of a looser inside joke, like a hallowe'en costume you have to explain to everyone.

Bristol 11/12/68

On my Opel GT, I have the plates 'PANCAKE'. No particular reason other than I wanted to make people smile when they saw my car. . . and I really, really, really, like pancakes.

I live in DC as well, and you can order your vanity plate online. You have to have a DC drivers license to do so, but you wouldn't be getting DC tags unless you had a DC license. The process takes between 6 to 8 weeks, and then you have to go pick the plates up at the M street office downtown. It is right next to the inspection station down there if that helps.

If you go early in the morning to the M street office, there is never any lines or wait times. They have called my number before I have the chance to sit down, which is the way I think the DMV should work.

Well anyways, I say have fun with a vanity plate. TADPOL or whoever that Greek guy was are two exmples of this. Remember, no one can knock you about your choice of Tags if they are on an '02. I just don't think that it is humanly possible. . . well, another '02 owner with vanity tags may have a foot to stand on!

Ok, enough from me!

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

Plate on my 76 "2E'S BMW" Wife's nickname when young 2E (Suzie). Plate on Touring when I bought it.

touring008.jpg

Touring with blue plate recovered from previously owned Volvo. 2TH WAXR (tooth waxer) I have a dental lab and make teeth which require "waxing and casting" a gold framework.

CIMG4543.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Although I've been tempted numerous times, to date, neither my ' 75 or my wife's ' 76 have vanity plates (unless you could somhow get something ' 02- connected out of her std. plate which is 104 RAT), but my son liked my suggestion for his car. Consequently, his 2002 Dinan S2 M3 plate says MVIOUS.

Bob Napier

Here are a few i have had on cars, currently on bmw is NOAHNOA, for my daughter, on my truck is EINOHUH, on van GDNEWZ in the mail for bmw, which is due now KNOCK2X, also have MORGIE for my other daughter and for my wife SOMONO, also in the works for coming years +FAHRT+,

and UTKN2ME. Plates are really cheap here in NM so i get one every year.

also have I8NTLYN. the WELCOME one was a freebie that the state gives out.

cheers

post-211-13667612182499_thumb.jpg

post-211-13667612183728_thumb.jpg

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD