• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Vanity Plates

ClayW

for many years my pair of '02s had

MS 2002 and 2002 SM (palindromes)

then I switched to

MS 2002 and 2002MS

in the year 2002, I got O2 4 02 for the 73

the following year I changed it to E-114

And at a license plate collector's swap meet, I found the following 1948 Florida plate: 9-2002!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

In Australia you keep the same plate for the life of the car, unless some one cancels the rego and hands the plates in. Or you get a custom plate. You can also get old numbers re-issued if no one owns it.

My 1602 has a re-issued plate "BMI-602" - its way cheaper than a custom plate, and it doesn't stick out as a custom one. A normal plate has 3 letters, dash 3 numbers (in Victoria anyway).

My 2002 has the same plate since it was first registered in 1971, LHH-136 it means nothing but it can show the car has not been written off.

Beaner

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

This one is mine..... been on non op for a while, but should be back on the road in a year or so........ Also have Euro TII and 7D2 BMW

post-1509-13667612224625_thumb.jpg

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

Mine has been BIMMR 75 from the start. Still folks might ask: "what year is it??" Oh well.

95% of the time, that is always the opening question from strangers when they approach our cars. I think it is just an "ice-breaker" to talk about the car. You could write the year in hugh numbers on the windshield and they would still ask..."What year is that? Just one of those things.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours