• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotted in Athens, Ohio: pale yellow 1600

KFunk

Anyone know who it was? It was a younger guy with dark hair, and it had an Ohio University sticker in the back window. It was the first time I've seen another 02 on the road in Ohio by chance and not an arranged meeting. I was at Donkey next to my Yamaha.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

One day, over a year ago, Alec spotted it going into the Greene shopping complex on the Kettering/Greene County border. Pretty sure it was the one -- younger guy in a pale yellow roundie. Too much traffic for me to chase him into the complex & chat w/him. I was gonna track him down if there weren't so many other vehicles in the way.... Alec may start college at OU next fall -- so be on the lookout.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

It was probably Eric. He started at OU this fall and now owns my old 1600. He's done a lot of work to it, including paint. Tell him I said hi if you see him. Here are some pics of the car when I had it.

http://www.maisgelb.com/TTG/1600/FS/Exterior.html

Karl

Hah, I guess I HAVE seen that car before! I don't know why I didn't make the connection. When I saw the color of it I thought of 'maisgelb' but figured since it wasn't a true 1600 color then it wouldn't be on this car. I never thought that it was actually Karl's car. I guess I didn't think that it could've migrated and gained an OU sticker. I'll say hi next time. My friend Uriah saw it in town the other day as well, so he must be driving it a lot. I guess I'm not alone down here anymore. I should probably get mine out more so that it gets seen.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser