• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 turbo engine into 72 tii or 73 regular - possible?

cxzsaq

yes the m10 engine is in every 02 there for it is interchangeable the four speed as far ad i know is the same as well. the only mods you will need to do will be fuel mods if it is not a tii the injection is the same as far as i know.

ok. thank you.

just to make sure i understand, the fuel injection on the tii is compatable with the injection/ fuel system needed for the turbo?

the Kugelfischer injection pump for the 2002 turbo

is different than the 2002 tii injection pump. - very different

crap. what if the turbo comes with its own injection pump, can it fit the tii?

i am also thinking that the turbo may be a right-hand-drive car. does that effect anything?

if it is the turbo pump it would work for the turbo engine but i think would be to rich for the tii. correct me if im wrong but there were no production turbo right hand models because the turbo occupies the area where the steering gear is supposed to be.

About 5 years ago there was an original Turbo for sale in the UK that had been converted to RHD; so I guess it's possible.

The main problem with RHD models is with the exhaust downpipe.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

The front half of the turbo/tii pumps are basically the same as far as connection points, belt drive, and fuel lines. It stops there and goes farther in engineering to compensate for the enrichment needs of the turbo.

If your "turbo" looks anything like what's in the pic, you might be good to go.

Many have talked about performing a tii turbo mod. Few have worked out a way to get it right and end up with an EFI system.

Lots of threads on the topic here to search through.

post-2154-13667612419059_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

The front half of the turbo/tii pumps are basically the same as far as connection points, belt drive, and fuel lines. It stops there and goes farther in engineering to compensate for the enrichment needs of the turbo.

If your "turbo" looks anything like what's in the pic, you might be good to go.

Many have talked about performing a tii turbo mod. Few have worked out a way to get it right and end up with an EFI system.

Lots of threads on the topic here to search through.

Thank you. I will snap a photo this weekend and post. thank you again.

legitimate '02 turbo motor and trans, you can probably sell it for enough to build a complete turbo motor using modern technology and componentry that will make significantly more power with better drivability than a mid-70's vintage motor.

Technology has come a LOOOONG way in 35 years...........

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

legitimate '02 turbo motor and trans, you can probably sell it for enough to build a complete turbo motor using modern technology and componentry that will make significantly more power with better drivability than a mid-70's vintage motor.

Technology has come a LOOOONG way in 35 years...........

very good point - i am obviously new to 2002's so i have not explored all avenues - this was my first thought - and thank you for not making it my last.

: )