• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have been driving my BMW

Harv

Why would you trade your 2002 for things like factory 5-speed, power windows and A/C?

Delia

post-169-13667612555586_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I'm going to come up there & test drive your 318is. (watch out) I am intrigued by them, but I still need to try one out.

Come on up Jim. There is German Auto Fest this Sunday at the German American club. Not too far from the Cleveland airport.

Ya got to get one of these. All the cool kids are doing it.

Delia, your 318is looks fine indeed. I just saw a set of those wheels listed for sale and I thought they didn't look all that great, but on they car they look awesome. Larry, that pre 88 looks clean as a whistle.

On another note. I brought my 2002 home today from the body shop. While I was there I snapped a few pictures of this Mustang Todd was finishing. Truly unbelievable! I forget the HP but it has 690 ftlbs of torque at 5200 rpm. Tremec 6 speed.

DSC_0001-5.jpg

DSC_0003-4.jpg

DSC_0002-4.jpg

DSC_0004-4.jpg

And LOOK! All my shit in one place!!!!!!!

Time to get to work.

DSC_0001-6.jpg

DSC_0004-5.jpg

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Sorry John, but I think I'm more jealous of the garage than the new car... I only wish I had that kind of workspace!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

That chopped mini clubman looks bad assed.

Rambler wagon with Lexus headlights. Chopped, Channeled, Sectioned. It's Todd's car. LT1 motor.

Sorry John, but I think I'm more jealous of the garage than the new car... I only wish I had that kind of workspace!

It's been a LONG time coming.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

That chopped mini clubman looks bad assed.

Rambler wagon with Lexus headlights. Chopped, Channeled, Sectioned. It's Todd's car. LT1 motor.

It's been a LONG time coming.

John

I was just going to say: forget the Mustang, what is that next to it! That is one cool wagon! John, your garage looks awesome! Nice cars and nice lighting!

FAQ Member # 91

Thanks, Harv,

Now all you need is this poster to hang on your garage wall:

post-169-13667612595988_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I like it!

e-mail me if they are for sale.

John

Certainly out-of-print for some time and scarce as hen's teeth.

Fortunately, after borrowing an existing piece , having it scanned and retouched, I have a high-resolution scan of this poster on CD. It cost me over $110. to get my copy, so I'm a bit reluctant to be giving away copies of the CD or making posters for $10/ea.

An output on high quality paper in original size (approx. 20" x 30") is expensive -- about $60.

Everyone with whom I've had contact *really wants one* but no one wants to pony-up the price.

The 318is is one of those "lost" secrets of the automotive world. It was meant to be a "GTI-fighter" in the early 90s but the front-drive cars like Civics were the real competition -- rear drivers like the 318is seemed anachronistic until the "drifting sport" began gobbling up all the rear-drive Corolla GTS and Nissan 240SX models.

If you go to youtube, you can see a number of 318is cars in competition. They are sweetly balanced (51/49) and lend themselves to a number of simple engine mods (exhaust, single-mass flywheel, computer chip) and chassis mods (shocks, springs, brakes). Since the entry-level for purchase is about $2K, you can build a killer street ride for about $5K -- less than a built-up 2002 and get A/C, power windows, five-speed and factory headers included.

This leaves out the wind noise, rust, and finicky carb (or fuel injection) of your 2002 and still gets a thumbs-up from passers by.

with the USA production of about 12,000. you even get 2002tii-like exclusivity.

I'm a convert, and I'm biased, but expect the 318is to become a classic.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com