• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Nissan got side swiped

MAD02

I had just come home with my daughter last night around midnight. She was asleep, so I carried her upstairs and put her to bed. I then went back to my Nissan to grab my labtop from the trunk and went back home. Like 3 minutes later I hear a crashing and scraping sound. I look out the window and see a white Ford Explorer drive away and my Nissan touching the car in front. Fuck me. The bastard didnt stop. My car's left rear quarter has some good damage. Left tail light is busted, huge scrape along the entire driver side of the car. Mirror is broken. Front wheel is bent and tire is flat. The left rear suspension looks screwed. The wheel is toed in about 2 inches. I haven't looked under the car, but I'm sure the unibody is bent up.

I'm so glad this douchebag hit my car after I took my daughter upstairs. I would have chased him down and killed the bastard if he had put my daughter in any danger.

So I called the cops, filed a report and contacted my insurance. They will come by on Monday and assess the damage. So my 2002 will be my daily driver for the time being.

Thanks for letting me vent.

post-8428-13667612579366_thumb.jpg

post-8428-13667612580823_thumb.jpg

post-8428-13667612582261_thumb.jpg

post-8428-13667612583841_thumb.jpg

post-8428-13667612585306_thumb.jpg

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

First, I am glad no one was hurt. I see significant damage for the year and model of your car. I am sorry to say, but it looks to me like a total loss. You are about to embark in a journey...

Yeah. The AAA person came by today and declared it a total loss. They will tow it away tomorrow and have it checked by one of their people to check for market value. Something tells me Im gonna get screwed...........

David G.

First, I am glad no one was hurt. I see significant damage for the year and model of your car. I am sorry to say, but it looks to me like a total loss. You are about to embark in a journey...

Yeah. The AAA person came by today and declared it a total loss. They will tow it away tomorrow and have it checked by one of their people to check for market value. Something tells me Im gonna get screwed...........

I deal with CSAAA here in Northern CA, and they seem to be very fair on their total loss settlements. Never heard any of my customers complain. My understanding is that it is an affiliate company in Southern CA, and it may or may not follow the same guidelines. I would be interested in the final outcome, please report back, and good luck.

FAQ Member # 91

I deal with CSAAA here in Northern CA, and they seem to be very fair on their total loss settlements. Never heard any of my customers complain. My understanding is that it is an affiliate company in Southern CA, and it may or may not follow the same guidelines. I would be interested in the final outcome, please report back, and good luck.

Well, I received a call from AAA this morning. They gave me $2700 for the car plus a couple hundred bucks for some other items and minus the $500 deductable, it came out to $2544. I was expecting less. So Im happy. All the folks at AAA were a pleasure to deal with. Everything was taken care of in a week. All I had to do was make a few phone calls and they handled the rest. Awesome.

Now for the bad news. My wife is tired of driving the Taurus to work everyday and wants something small and sporty with an automatic transmission. So I'll be buying an auto econobox instead of what I really wanted, a manual E30.

That sucks.

David G.

Well, I received a call from AAA this morning. They gave me $2700 for the car plus a couple hundred bucks for some other items and minus the $500 deductable, it came out to $2544. I was expecting less. So Im happy. All the folks at AAA were a pleasure to deal with. Everything was taken care of in a week. All I had to do was make a few phone calls and they handled the rest. Awesome.

Now for the bad news. My wife is tired of driving the Taurus to work everyday and wants something small and sporty with an automatic transmission. So I'll be buying an auto econobox instead of what I really wanted, a manual E30.

That sucks.

thanks for let us know, like I said, I never heard anybody complaining about their settlements. Small sporty with an auto trannny... uhmm so many choices. My wife loves her Rabbitt - one of the best cars we ever owned, their 5 speed is so easy to drive, maybe you can talk her into compromising...

FAQ Member # 91

Sorry bro! There seems to be no honor left these days in alot of people. It's not, "do whats right and own up". It's more like, "if it ain't on film then try to get away with whatever you can".

I feel ya, been there twice before (bogus auto accident) and see it everyday (lack of honor) at work, around town, with adults and really bad in kids. I can't even turn my back on most of my co-workers.

It has infected every facet of life. I have to carry protection everyday just to walk my dog because people won't tie up their dogs or put them on a leash. Their dog will cross the street and 2 sidewalks to attack my dog as we walk by in a regular suburban neighborhood. Happens at least once everyweek. Almost always the owner never even appologizes or comes off their driveway to physically get their dog as in menaces me and my dog. One lady even was unloading groceries from her SUV and upon seeing her dog circling, snarling, and darting back and forth toward my dog while snapping his teeth, simply said nothing and got another bag of groceries out of her car and went inside with them. We were on the other side of the street mind you.

Most irresponsible dog owners like mentioned above seem more concerned with my actions to prevent getting bit or my dog from getting bit. They can not understand why I have a need or right to protect my dog, GF, or myself.

Alot of people just don't care about anyone or anything but themselves. Sorry for the long rant.