• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Formula One Malaise

TonyHavana

For those of you who follow Formula 1, are you as fed up as I am with the constant political bullshit, alleged cheating episodes etc?

The latest is that Briatore and Symonds have left Renault.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090916131922.shtml

I have followed F1 since my teens and saw Lauda, Alan Jones, Reutteman, Sheckter G. Villeneuve et al, but just really don't give a hoot about it much anymore. Oh, I still watched the beginning and end of the last race, but it is more out of habit than anything else. Yet there are still countries interested in having a GP in their country. Who cares about F1 anymore?

post-1307-13667612597675_thumb.jpg

I still watch it - what are your options? I agree with you though, too much BS, politics, and too little racing. The rules are too restrictive to the point there is little room for innovation. Way too much emphasis on aerodynamics. My opinion, remove the wings, put clutches/shifters back in, no telemetry from the car to the pits (make the driver provide all input), open up the rules on engines - just specify the size and type (4-stroke gasoline) and let the teams decide how many cylinders. Remember when there were v8's, v10's, and v12's on the grid? Lose the aero grip and let the cars slide around and let the drivers control the cars.

My $0.02 worth.