• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 - $1600 (albany / el cerrito)

Adamha

Not mine, no affiliation, ect, ect.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1376056243.html

I have a '74 BMW 2002 4 speed, sunroof, runs good, always serviced at a BMW repair shop in Sacramento. I bought this car to drive to work but I don't need it now. The car has had the engine rebuilt and it runs great. The interior was replaced and the covers are in good shape without any worn out spots. the headliner will need to be replaced , and the sunroof will not open. The car has a Yakima bike roof rack that cost around $400. The car is originaly Polaris silver but the paint is faded, the car has a little rust in the spair tire well but it is very minor. The body is very nice this is not a bondo bucket, but it will need the 2 pieces of trim on the drivers door.

1972 Tii

1997 Land Rover Defender LE #127

i looked at this car last thursday/friday. looking at it from the outside it looks great and it's never been in an accident. getting on my back and looking under it, the rear floorboard is rusted out. apparently parked at a slight incline with water pooling towards the rear. front floorboard looked okay. the seller was 'unaware' of this problem.

the rockers look okay. there's a slight appearance of rust showing through at the vertical seam between rocker and rear quarterpanel. didn't want to pick at it too much and mess up the appearance, but expect more underneath as it is a S/R car.

my issue is the 4 years of unpaid registration. seller handed me a 2inch thick book of DMV laws with several paragraphs of highlighted sections to convince me the fees are not due. this after confirming that he was unsucessful at avoiding these fees himself when he went to the DMV.

i would have liked to purchase this car but with the rust and DMV fees it is overpriced. it is NOT a car for a 'checkbook' mechanic; professional bodywork will kill any prospect of a good buy. perfect for the DIY'er at a lower price.

btw, i was GIVEN a 73tii shell with clear title and was able to trade for the matching engine block with another tii block i had. that FREE tii cost me $350 in back registration just because the PO never got around to filing a non-op form.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa