• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 1/2 2002 Sahara (Oakland, CA)

mbaze

I'm considering selling my 1971.5 2002, as I'm not in a position to maintain multiple cars in my life.

Pictures of the car are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkbazeley/sets/72157605979196395/. I'll add more soon.

The particulars:

- I've owned the car since May 2008.

- New 32/36 Weber carb, manual choke

- Electronic ignition

- Rebuilt top-end with stock cam

- Uncommon high-compression 10:1 pistons

- Serviced by H&B and Bavarian Professionals in Berkeley

- Tii exhaust

- Otherwise stock motor

- Rust in the rockers, spare tire well, trunk lid (under chrome strip) and surface rust elsewhere

- Nice interior with Recaro seats. One rip in driver's seat, none on passenger's side or rear seat. Newish carpet. Couple of cracks on dash

- Aftermarket electric sunroof.

- 4-speed

- Original manual and documents, service records spanning many years

- Will include uninstalled, good quality 5-speed gearbox and 3.91 rear end. Buyer would need shortened driveshaft, shifter linkages, etc.

- Recently rehabbed front-end, with new bushings, control arms, struts, etc.

- Chrome bumpers are in decent/good condition.

- Northern California car from day one, purchased in SF, owned in Petaluma, then Santa Rosa and now Oakland.

- Will include spare trunk lid and never-used right fender.

- Will include new, never-installed Euro turn signals

- The motor is not original, thus the numbers do not match with the body. All I know about the motor is that it was purchased from somewhere in the Midwest, date unknown, but probably in the 90s.

- Upgraded door brakes

- Comes with two car covers, a nylon one from BavPro and soft cotton one.

- Includes various other parts, extra tires, chrome hub caps

This has been a sturdy, reliable little car. It has two cosmetic issues. 1) The left-front fender was recently replaced because the original was damaged when the front-end collapsed. So it needs to be painted to match the rest of the car. I already have matching paint for that. 2) Someone backed into the nose, causing a dent (pics to come). The damage is not significant. I believe it could be repaired by a body shop. You'll need a new center grill, though.

I'm open offers. I'll start the discussion at $4,200 and go from there. Contact me through the board.

I'm located in Oakland, CA

Thanks for looking.

Cheers.

Michael[/b]

'71 Sahara (sold 2019)

'74 '02 (sold 1/09)

• 1 month later...