• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

it felt like I won the lottery!

Armond

almost a year and a half ago, my wife misplaced the engagement ring I gave her. It's a one carat diamond ring that's been passed on from generations. I was very disappointed and sad when she broke the news.

Yesterday was such a great day that I decided to clean our Volvo inside and out ..and WALA!!! I found the ring under the driver seat partially hidden under the carpeting...I couldn't believe my eyes..

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Haha nice. good thing you didn't vacuum it or sell the car!

My uncle lost an engagement ring too at my house in France. I have a beach house and he dropped it right outside the door in the sand. Everyone started looking for it and no one could find it. So other uncles came with metal detectors and still didn't find it. Now it must be several feet under the sand and under some big rock tiles we placed to have a front yard kind of thing. One day I shall dig for it and find it :)!

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

absolutely, do not tell her you found it.....

pawn it off and get that paint job you've been wanting....

or maybe something less obvious, maybe a rebuilt engine.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I wish Jerry but it wont pay off. She's been asking me to replace it. This find a actually save me some money.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

She's been asking me to replace it.

She lost it and is asking you to replace it? It was/is your family heirloom? Something's wrong here buddy.

Plus, I don't want to stip up the sh!t, but why was she taking it off in the first place?

That's what my wife asked me when I lost my wedding ring. I told her the truth. I was out at a bar with friends, trying to pick up chicks while on vacation in New York. She, knowing what a loser I am, was not worried at all....

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

She's been asking me to replace it.

She lost it and is asking you to replace it? It was/is your family heirloom? Something's wrong here buddy.

Plus, I don't want to stip up the sh!t, but why was she taking it off in the first place?

That's what my wife asked me when I lost my wedding ring. I told her the truth. I was out at a bar with friends, trying to pick up chicks while on vacation in New York. She, knowing what a loser I am, was not worried at all....

hmmm...I havent thought about that Josh. I better try some enhanced interrogation techniques and make her quack.

Oh by the way, now she wants a pair of earrings...I just never ends.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

That's why I married a jewler's daughter. She gets all those things herself from her Dad....

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

MY WIFE ALSO LOST HER ENGAGEMENT RING .

IT WAS ONE THAT HAD BEEN IN MY FAMILY SINCE 1887 !

THE DIAMOND ON IT WAS CUT WITH ALL SORTS OF MIS-MATCHED ANGLES .

BY MODERN GEM CUTTING STANDARDS I AM SURE IT WAS TERRIBLE BUT THAT WAS WHAT MADE IT A REMARKABLE PIECE .

WE HAVEN'T SEEN IT FOR 21 YEARS NOW ... ALAS .

I HAVE NEVER OWNED A VOLVO SO THAT'S A DEAD END TOO .

reodor.gif

That's why I married a jewler's daughter. She gets all those things herself from her Dad....

You are terrible, hope she doesn't spy on this board. I have plenty stories about rings and why I don't wear one, but I am afraid I can't make them public, I would be sleeping in the chicken coop if my wife ever finds out I told.

FAQ Member # 91

Dawn doesn't need to spy on this board...Armond has enough "friends" that will be sure to get her the information she needs. :^)

you better not tell her that I'm in the process of cutting and shaping a pair of earrings from a broken glass I found in the garage. Thank heavens for a having a dremmel tool.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

a-man does this put you in the mood to finally part with that 1602 badge? :)

or was it a 1600, i forget...

oh darn I forgot all about that. I believe it's a 1600 badge. I'll double check..

how's the family?

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti